Crap weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard V

Hey all,

Last Sunday I was doing very well, I guess about half of the clays killed, if not slightly more, Ive been gradually improving up to that point over the month since I've started shooting. Yesterday I couldn't hit a barn door, went back to 1/4 killed. Today I decided to shoot about 120 on my own (better than cleaning the house) and I must of got less than 1/4 kills, I have my good stands like the high tower (where the break point is directly overhead) a few stands which was hit and miss, one stand I could only get a couple of chips. This wasn't helped by the fact that I bumped into an old aquatance of mine I havent seen for a couple of years at one stand (was into my 2nd box of carts so fairly early on) and said to her "ahh, so you've come with your dad" not realising it was her boyfriend
bangheadonwall.gif
if you are on here then you know who you are and I assure you and Marie that I wanted the ground to swallow me up and I'm very sorry!

I've been on 1/4 and 1/2 choke for a while, decided to go back to cyl and skeet from now on (if that will make a difference).

I guess everybody has a crap day/weekend, hopefully will be back up to half killed on Wednesday :)

I'd stick with one set of chokes and get a lesson or two. It'll be a while before you need to start thinking of chokes and carts - if at all! Sounds like you need someone to stand with you to see where you're going wrong. Keep with it, you'll get there! ;)

If you can, try a hour or two with Ed, I had a morning with him today and I come away from that lesson with some very good positive advice, to work on.

Who's Ed sorry, I've tried to do a search on this forum but to no avail.

cheers
Ed, or Mr Ed to most of us, is a talking horse...

Ed Solomans, is the GB Team Coachand from what I understand, is a properly nice chap.

He also knows how to make people hit clays...

Ed, or Mr Ed to most of us, is a talking horse...

Ed Solomans, is the GB Team Coachand from what I understand, is a properly nice chap.

He also knows how to make people hit clays...
I can wholeheartedly confirm this too.

I've had a couple of lessons with Ed and he's made a real difference, I have another at the end of the month.

A thoroughly decent bloke who knows what he's doing and is prepared to go out of his way to help. Quite a rare thing these days.

Iggy.

Ahh right many thanks for the replies.

He seems along way being based near Leicester, if hes top rated then it might be worth the trip.

I'll PM him at some point tonight

cheers

Richard you won't be disappointed, I've just booked my next two hour slot with Ed, he makes you feel very relaxed and knows how to conduct himself in a very professional manner.

Ed was captain of the England sporting team this year. That's no mean feat in itself. One of the top sporting shooters that has time for the rest of us mere mortals :))

Oh you guys..... I'm welling up! Your all lovely, champagne, champagne for all!

Well Ed probably doesn't remember me, but I remember shooting against him when he was an England Junior, and I'm pretty sure he spanked me and my team back then! ..

Richard you won't be disappointed, I've just booked my next two hour slot with Ed, he makes you feel very relaxed and knows how to conduct himself in a very professional manner.
What, you mean he didn't flirt with you and stuff? But your right sexy and that, I could barely contain myself :)

Back