ICTSF Worlds 2019

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this says scta but it is the invitational letter to the ICTSF members....seems a bit rich at 160 euro,thats more than the worlds at Churchills!!
Still no entries page that i can see, if its 160 euro for 200 birds they can do one.

Thats what it is,shells,etc..hotels ferries diesel would cost me 1500 quid for 5 days!

Or i can shoot 200 registered targets a week for 3 months?
Serious? 160 for 200?  Not me they can whistle

Serious? 160 for 200?  Not me they can whistle
At todays exchange rate 142 gbp i already know of at least 20 people that have changed their minds...to greedy,unfortunately i don't think a star target setter is going to help and with peoples memories of the last debacle i think they may struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
At todays exchange rate 142 gbp i already now of at least 20 people that have changed their minds...to greedy,unfortunately i don't think a star target setter is going to help and with peoples memories of the last debacle i think they may struggle.
Agreed, would have pushed the boat out, but not that far, thats  rapist pricing. I bet its full tho.

Apparently it will be open for entries on the 8th of November now,so they have already failed at something before actually doing anything.....amazing.

Doesn't bode well for the rest of it!

Apparently it will be open for entries on the 8th of November now,so they have already failed at something before actually doing anything.....amazing.

Doesn't bode well for the rest of it!
Agreed.

That’s a ridiculous price and makes the whole thing way too expensive. Their lack of arrangement skills and basic communication also makes me wonder how this event will be run.

I’ve emailed them and they can’t be arsed to reply.

I’m oot!

That’s a ridiculous price and makes the whole thing way too expensive. Their lack of arrangement skills and basic communication also makes me wonder how this event will be run.

I’ve emailed them and they can’t be arsed to reply.

I’m oot!
Im skeptical on the price, im not doubting the info from Schmokin , i just cant believe they dare ask so much. Agreed on this part of the event being a bit poor. We too have sent emails and asked on there FB page all fell on deaf ears. However i bet the event will be full regardless of the above.

Im skeptical on the price, im not doubting the info from Schmokin , i just cant believe they dare ask so much. Agreed on this part of the event being a bit poor. We too have sent emails and asked on there FB page all fell on deaf ears. However i bet the event will be full regardless of the above.
Well,i provided a letter sent out by the Irish Clay Target Shooting Association that states that cost so i can hardly see it being otherwise and as E.J's was 10% unfilled i am betting this will have at least that and probably a lot more.

If they can't get the date they are opening entries right what can they get right...

Not replying to emails..probably on a beach somewhere spending the profits from Wagga Wagga...

I am not looking for an argument but do you not think the cost of the targets is actually not really a stumbling block here? I mean yes the targets are expensive I can see that BUT if you think about what your projected costings for the event are even if they reduced the price of the targets to €100 the 60 euro would actually only be an overall reduction of costs of 4 %

I do not shoot sporting but I have and do shoot at some of the bigger trap events and the price of the targets is usually about €150 for the 200 and to be honest it is always the cheapest part of the event costs... which I always treat as going on a shooting holiday and love every minute of the time away... and I am never going to win one of these events... like 95% of the other competitors I am there for the enjoyment of it all  :)

I am not looking for an argument but do you not think the cost of the targets is actually not really a stumbling block here? I mean yes the targets are expensive I can see that BUT if you think about what your projected costings for the event are even if they reduced the price of the targets to €100 the 60 euro would actually only be an overall reduction of costs of 4 %

I do not shoot sporting but I have and do shoot at some of the bigger trap events and the price of the targets is usually about €150 for the 200 and to be honest it is always the cheapest part of the event costs... which I always treat as going on a shooting holiday and love every minute of the time away... and I am never going to win one of these events... like 95% of the other competitors I am there for the enjoyment of it all  :)
One of the main points for me is that if we keep accepting these rises without complaint they will simply keep going up,i do not believe the costs have risen 10% in 2 years and in fact they are probably less at this venue.

When i shot the worlds at EJ's in 2016 it was full and people were looking for people dropping out to get places this year only 90% of capacity even with the draw of a celebrity course setter.

Being in  mainland Europe i suspect you just get in your car and go where as that would be the case for a tiny fraction of the entry in Eire...the problem is it all adds up.

Its not that i can't afford to do it i just don't like being overcharged for anything and after the debacle at their last event i would be seriously upset about paying over the top for something that didn't come up to standard,i expect VFM.

Lets be honest they just get the organisation of the country it is in to organise 90% plus of the event and skim the profits from the top for very little input and this year the president of the ICTSF lives just up the road 🤨

Wish i had thought of it!

One of the main points for me is that if we keep accepting these rises without complaint they will simply keep going up,i do not believe the costs have risen 10% in 2 years and in fact they are probably less at this venue.
I can't comment on any of the running costs of a large competition ground, but for me running a fairly successful strawbailer until recently the costs of the clays went up 13% for black standards and up to 18% for coloured midis. I was in the tens of thousands a year bracket though, so not the buying power of a big ground. 

I can't comment on any of the running costs of a large competition ground, but for me running a fairly successful strawbailer until recently the costs of the clays went up 13% for black standards and up to 18% for coloured midis. I was in the tens of thousands a year bracket though, so not the buying power of a big ground. 
I am 99.9% sure you will see Promatic as a sponsor so you can guarantee they will be paying a minimum,and i would imagine with prelim,sportrap,pool shoots and the main event 400,000= clays.

Being in  mainland Europe i suspect you just get in your car and go where as that would be the case for a tiny fraction of the entry in Eire...the problem is it all adds up.

Its not that i can't afford to do it i just don't like being overcharged for anything and after the debacle at their last event i would be seriously upset about paying over the top for something that didn't come up to standard,i expect VFM.
Yes to be fair I do drive to the events I enter so they do tend to be local 'ish eg Lonato is an over night stop. However the world UT will be at Ychoux this year. I have already booked accommodation, as although only about an hour and a half drive from where I stay it is too far to do and shoot four days running plus of course practice. So for that competition accom will be about €500 then add food and drink another €250 ish and the targets will still be €150 minimum .

I had a wee holiday break at Lonato last month shooting OT. The cost of a round was €8 ... which is more than twice what I pay at my own club in France at €3.50 non members pay €5... but it is still great value when you see the facility. Our club is what you may term a straw baler I suppose. We have a decent clubhouse and two setups one OT which is mainly used for UT and a UT. Now these setups provide exactly the same targets that you get at the top stands BUT instead of looking out over a plush flat green stretch of grass with a huge berm which acts like a site screen at a cricket ground you are looking out at trees and fields with cattle grazing :)  Funny thing is I did a quick calculation of my cost for shooting at Lonato and when you take into account that the price of the cartridges are much cheaper ( I was paying €200 for 1000  Fiocchi fblack in France that would be nearer €270) the cost over the piece was only slightly more than shooting in France ... but you can get a wider range of cartridges in Italy as well!  I love Lonato ... even though I shot like I had lost my guide dog :laugh:

Well,i provided a letter sent out by the Irish Clay Target Shooting Association that states that cost so i can hardly see it being otherwise and as E.J's was 10% unfilled i am betting this will have at least that and probably a lot more.

If they can't get the date they are opening entries right what can they get right...

Not replying to emails..probably on a beach somewhere spending the profits from Wagga Wagga...
I went back and read all the invitation and you are correct, at that price i will decline along with the rest of our party,4 in total, shame really.

Notification on FB entries now 9th.

Back