How many shotguns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Including Mrs P’s guns, 3 shotguns. Two Krieghoff and one Beretta. Also a selection of bolt action and semi automatic rifles as well as a 1911 pistol.

3 for me. The Perazzi I used for years (which I would still use if a Perazzi forend weighed less than a house brick), the Blaser I have used since October 2016 and my wife’s Beretta 687 EELL which may have perished due to underuse. 

4 a Beretta 682 gold e which I've used for 13 year's clay shooting. A zabala sxs which I use for the odd sxs competition. A Remington 1187 which I use for vermin shooting around the farm. And a 1984 Beretta 682 trap X which I bought on a whim and it was the best thing I've done, it's 3/4 and full non selective trigger I now use it for all my clay shooting and I've never shot so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 a Beretta 682 gold e which I've used for 13 year's clay shooting. A zabala sxs which I use for the odd sxs competition. A Remington 1187 which I use for vermin shooting around the farm. And a 1984 Beretta 682 trap X which I bought on a whim and it was the best thing I've done, it's 3/4 and full none selective trigger I now use it for all my clay shooting and I've never shot so well.
How do you like your 1187? I have an 1187 Premier Trap which is my go to trap gun (I guess it's not really a beater). To be honest, it is a little cumbersome for ATA trap shooting. But it works, and it's what I have.

3 for me. The Perazzi I used for years (which I would still use if a Perazzi forend weighed less than a house brick), the Blaser I have used since October 2016 and my wife’s Beretta 687 EELL which may have perished due to underuse. 
Altho I've not come across any Perazzi forends that meet that standard I favor the schnable style anyway and they are quite light.  the one non-schnable is a '72 standard trap and I don't notice that it is any heavier.  With the machining facilities you have available how can anything not be made lighter?   :huh:

How do you like your 1187? I have an 1187 Premier Trap which is my go to trap gun (I guess it's not really a beater). To be honest, it is a little cumbersome for ATA trap shooting. But it works, and it's what I have.
It's a 28" 1187 sporting with the light contour barrel. Lovely gun but it does need regular maintenance. Something normally breaks every couple of months. 

Altho I've not come across any Perazzi forends that meet that standard I favor the schnable style anyway and they are quite light.  the one non-schnable is a '72 standard trap and I don't notice that it is any heavier.  With the machining facilities you have available how can anything not be made lighter?   :huh:
Really looked at it, but the huge metal percentage is just a barrier. The Blaser forend has the same metal content as a gold plated toothpick. 

Really looked at it, but the huge metal percentage is just a barrier. 
I can see a mill reducing that by about 1/3 or more in a few minutes.  Somehow I just am unable to see the forend weight as a factor with the weight being nearly between the hands and counting for a meager % of the overall gun weight but I'm not trying to swing some porky barrel either.  

but that could just be me insensitive clot that I am - as are most Perazzi shooters I presume

@ColinD 🤣

Isn’t just a little bit ironic that any criminal worth their salt is hardly likely to bother with complying with the law would go to the trouble to file for a SGC

The issue, I have no qualms disclosing as it’s a simple fact of life, my ex wife and I had over the years a tempestuous relationship. Six of one half a dozen of the other to be fair. The volume of our many disagreements over the course of a decade did on a couple of occasions attract the attention of joe Public and subsequently a visit from a local PC.

Their main concern was raised when I was asked if I thought my ex would male spurious claims about my waving a shotgun around and given the volatility in the past and wanting to answer honesty, I had to say that I couldn’t rule that possibility out, this further checks about the ex and the children had to take place. 

The ensuing staffing issues and subsequently Covid just added immensely to the delay. 

to give the FO credit, he did say give the time interval my application would [once the backlog of renewals are cleared] be top of the pile. 
The plod are very careful about domestic considerations when it comes to granting shotgun licenses; Also state of mind and whether or not the applicant takes a drink or two, though how the apply these considerations is mystifying at times. True story and quite funny. A guy that used to be with our syndicate tried to work a fast one on his employer and pulled the stress card. He was signed off work for many many months and being in his later years his employers suggested he take early retirement on health grounds as they really needed someone doing his work. Fine says he, thinking of a life of carefree days out on the shoot and getting an early pension to boot... plod came round to his house and took his guns away 🤣 I think someone at the firm grassed him up because he had been off for ages prior to that with no problems

I can see a mill reducing that by about 1/3 or more in a few minutes.  Somehow I just am unable to see the forend weight as a factor with the weight being nearly between the hands and counting for a meager % of the overall gun weight but I'm not trying to swing some porky barrel either.  

but that could just be me insensitive clot that I am - as are most Perazzi shooters I presume
I would have said exactly the same. I weighed everything in comparison to the Blaser to see how much lighter the barrels were. I was amazed barrels were identical and it was all in the forend and this makes it feels massively different to handle. 

it was a humorous remark..
Indeed... 🤭 😁 Given that all valuable gifts I've presented to mrs. Luke have mostly gone missing, were broken, or have otherwise ' perished', I suppose I related without seeing the humour.  Somehow the odds of unfortunate events seem to increase with the initial expense, but thats just my luck (or hers). In any case I'm usually not shy of ideas for what to replace for her birthday.    

I have 5......but 3 aren’t mine, they were left to my sister, by my father, and she doesn’t have a license.

1. 1981 Browning Citori 802extra swing, an o/u with one multi choked barrel. Never seen another, and nobody seems to know much about it. Stock is only about 13 3/4.

2. An AYA sxs, non ejector. Again short stocked.

3. Webley bolt action .410. 

Now for my guns....

4. Beretta DT10 sporter 

5. Beretta Al391 urika.

I can’t shoot the top 3, but always use my DT10 as I only shoot clays.

Semi auto is for fun and semi auto shoots.

The plod are very careful about domestic considerations when it comes to granting shotgun licenses; Also state of mind and whether or not the applicant takes a drink or two, though how the apply these considerations is mystifying at times. True story and quite funny. A guy that used to be with our syndicate tried to work a fast one on his employer and pulled the stress card. He was signed off work for many many months and being in his later years his employers suggested he take early retirement on health grounds as they really needed someone doing his work. Fine says he, thinking of a life of carefree days out on the shoot and getting an early pension to boot... plod came round to his house and took his guns away 🤣 I think someone at the firm grassed him up because he had been off for ages prior to that with no problems
Given the behaviour of some SGC holders I have witnessed, one thinks that “The Plod” may sometimes being not careful enough!

Must be luckey where I live, as to be honest I've only come across one person with a auto that had failed to eject.

I was glad to be way behind them and not to the side, but he did get a rosting from people there😀

But only 2yrs in clays so plenty of time to meet them yet

Oh and twenty years with smallbore target shooting none

It's a 28" 1187 sporting with the light contour barrel. Lovely gun but it does need regular maintenance. Something normally breaks every couple of months. 
Aside from a small crack in the forend that has been there for as long as I've had it, mine has been holding up pretty well. But, I don't get out and shoot it nearly as much as I should.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. I think you have a lot of 1 gun owners and a lot of 5 gun owners. I swear the things breed in the cabinet. 

Latest posts

Back