High Rib for Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we are posting pictures

post-359-142678890663.jpg

post-359-142678890663.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426788905.435185.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426788905.435185.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
And heres another high rib sporter

post-1056-0-76937600-1426790275.jpg

post-1056-0-76937600-1426790275.jpg

DT

Attachments

• Harry Nad Al Sheba.jpg
    Harry Nad Al Sheba.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
:Aha,    you see the stringo vesty allows you to see ALL of my ribs,  high and low !

string-vest.jpg

Thanks for all the help all, useful to see some photo examples too.

What height rib would you class as a high sporting rib?

CG do the Summit Acsent which has a 10mm fixed rib, the Impact range has a 17mm high adjustable rib, so I guess this is towards the upper end for a sporting gun

Reason I ask is I'm half tempted to try a add on rib on my Miroku MK38 (which I believe has a 6mm high rib) but the problem is while I could knock something up out of wood to try, the smallest professionaly made add on ribs start at about 12mm....taking me up to a 18mm rib

Thanks for all the help all, useful to see some photo examples too.

What height rib would you class as a high sporting rib?

CG do the Summit Acsent which has a 10mm fixed rib, the Impact range has a 17mm high adjustable rib, so I guess this is towards the upper end for a sporting gun

Reason I ask is I'm half tempted to try a add on rib on my Miroku MK38 (which I believe has a 6mm high rib) but the problem is while I could knock something up out of wood to try, the smallest professionaly made add on ribs start at about 12mm....taking me up to a 18mm rib
Don't forget you need to make the comb higher to compensate.

If you choose to try a magnetic 'stick-on' rib, do not use steel shot. They may just not leave the barrel !       :fie:

Regarding come height, yep that's fine! I've got an adjustable comb at the moment, so that's no major deal.

It's why I'm interested in trying one actually as even with the comb in its lowest position is still shooting slightly high enough for my liking.

I was thinking a higher rib could help bring this POI down?

Never thought of the magnetic type affecting steel shot!! Would it really effect it as they'd be out the barrel in such a quick time

Thanks both, both good points!

Latest posts

Back