High rib for sporting? Will it be ok?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did warn you they shoot flatter than you think. ;)

As pointed out by others its easy to assume high ribs shoot high, they dont (unless its a DT10X or similar which has been IMO designed for a specific discipline like ATA as those yanks like a very high POI) The 682X is a lovely gun but you have too accept that it will take a bit of getting used too.

i couldnt get any consistency with an adjustable high rib. awesome recoil and comfort/fit. but when it was good it was excellent, if not no idea.

We have discussed high ribs many times before on here and the concensus of opinion from myself and others was that high ribs are good for some people and some disciplines ie DTL but take a lot of getting used too. we also concluded that they were not much good in our opinion for fast trap disciplines due to lack of feedback, that is why when you miss with them it seems to be common to some of us that you have absolutely no idea were you missed. 

Forgot to say, if not intend trying it again i would suggest that you try and forget its a high rib and just think of it as a nicely balanced and comfortable gun (which it is) and shoot the same as you usually do, dont know anything about sporting but if a trap shooting technique can be used then remember to swing through the target after you have pulled the trigger.

Good luck.

A friend shoots a Perugini Visini Maestro with a high rib with very good results...but for me it has always been flat rib , i get very disoriented .

Tried them in Double Trap and seem to work there but not in anything else for me .

Ha! Not yet I haven't! Will be out Friday to resolve.

I'm persuaded to give it a few goes. Then if after that I'm fighting a battle I can't win I'll move on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just do not understand the point of shooting sporting with  a gun designed for trap i find berettas even in standerd sporting form tend to shoot high and my old DT10 was no exception, clay disiplines are all tough enough without added POI issues there are many sporting models designed purely for just that, get one shoot it and have fun. just saying! wink!!! :)

Each to their own, personally I do not like the look of them, but if it works for some fine ! :)

They are very comfortable to shoot they just take time to adapt too.

Just to clarify the 682X trap do not shoot high...

They are very comfortable to shoot they just take time to adapt too.

Just to clarify the 682X trap do not shoot high...
Aahh! The old 682X trap! What a lovely gun for DTL!!! I had a 30" and a 32", shot both very well, great guns.

Latest posts

Back