Hello

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie2012

Hello All, I'm Matthew/Matt from Mid wales. I started shooting at 12 after using an air rifle and being taught by my dad with an air rifle. We joined the local farmers pack when i was 12 and have gone with them ever since, although now it has becoming a rabbitting group. We're out twice a week. I also enjoy rough shooting and any sort of fishing...mainly fly now though. I don't clay shoot but i would love too and I have had a go at it once getting 3 out of 5 on my first go, I don't know if that's any good or not but i'll be the first to admit i can hit things running but not flying. I use a baikal shotgun for my game shooting as i'm always skint it is cylinder and cylinder. That's about it really. Oh yes and I live on a farm.

Hiya Mattie, give it a real go one day mate, being a game shooter you might not need to tweak much to be a cracking clay basher. If the nut behind the butt puts the barrels and shot in the right place, it doesnt matter what gun you have. Welcome to the forum bud.

Welcome aboard Matt - lovely to have you here.... any questions, give us a shout.

Thanks for the warm welcome. There is one question....I was fortunate enough to buy an Alex Martin side by side Boxlock NE a couple of years ago. My Dad uses it now because I tend to shoot better with an over and under, so he bought me this Baikal I now use in exchange for the Alex Martin! I was serching the web last night and was astounded at the prices Alex Martin's are fetching these days....apparently this is due to the diminshing number of Scottish gun-makers and the fact that the Foreign shooters Love the scottish guns. I don't suppose anyone could put a value on my Alex Martin for me or even point me in the direction of where to get it valued? I'm not saying how much I paid for it..       I'll maybe let you know after a few have given their values first!

You know Tony Morris too then Outlaw? I bought my Baikal off of him, a nicer more decent bloke you couldn't meet. I think i've looked on all the websites...been searching for days now and decided enough was enough it was time to ask people who might be in the know....The trouble is if you ask in gun shops and stuff they straight away conceal a guns real value incase you might want to sell it to them, or that's what i'm thinking anyway..

I've checked both sites Outlaw and can't find any Alex Martin. Thanks for trying to help me though, I even noticed that Tony has still got a picture of my gun on his site.

Ah the maker of the gun, I rang the Historic guns chap and he went away and did some research on my Farmer sbs, rang me back in a few days and could even tell when it was made. Try him out mate, top bloke.

Hello mate, a friend of mine is into his old side by sides. Call sporting targets 01234708893 and ask to speak to steve in the shop. Tell him I put you onto him, he may well be able to help.Ed

Latest posts

Back