Hello from West Sussex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and good evening.

Having shot a number of weapons over the years (.22, .303 and 7.62 rifles and 9mm pistols in air cadets; and air rifles and pistols in my youth and more recently), I was recently bemoaning to my wife that I'd never (a) held a shotgun; (b) discharged a shotgun; and (c) shot at a moving target.

Well, it was my birthday a few weeks ago, and what did my lovely wife present me with?  No, not a shotgun, but a voucher for a 30 clay 'Have a Go' session at Southdown Gun club.  Hooray!  :cool:

So I'm booked in to go and try clay shooting out on Saturday and can't wait - look out for the anxious looking balding chap with glasses who is missing everything! Any tips for me (about the shooting, not the balding or the glasses)?  Would love to take it up as a sport, but going to see how Saturday goes - one step at a time.  :smile:

Make sure you keep the gun well tucked into your shoulder and lean into the gun slightly to avoid any nasty surprises from the recoil.  Listen to what the instructor tells you and try to follow their guidance.  But most importantly, enjoy it and don't worry about missing, I know I missed loads on my first go and I'm sure most people do.

Evening Sussex Boy!

You'll love Southdown in the sunshine..........join the CPSA if you haven't already.

See you about one day. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. You'll be hooked once you try it, I know I was. I've had my SGC for a month now and my own gun for 2 weeks. And while I can't seem to hit the side of a barn at the moment it's still great fun.

Hello and welcome from another Sussex lad!

i shoot Southdown regularly when in the UK, so if you see someone who looks like a doorman with a beretta, and a pretty little wife with a yildiz, say hello!!

mike

Mike

I'm after a 2' 6" four panelled in oak, you got any in stock? :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Looking forward to tomorrow with nervous anticipation.  Will let you know how I get on. (And my wallet has gone into hiding already!) :smile:  ​

So how did your intro go?

<never mind .... found the other thread >

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Welcome to the forum, 

Lots of other places to shoot in W Sussex and Hants  :)   too

:santa:

Back