List the guns you have shot - Let's see if anyone has shot anything really interesting!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Well I've shot Anschutz .22's of various types and BSA Martini .22's, some Morris tubed .22's along with Webley .22 air pistol, .22 BSA airsporter air rifle, .22 Pardini Free Pistol, .22 Rugers with various stocks, .177 Steyr LP10 .177 air pistol and of course my Beretta shotgun.

In addition whilst in the Air Training Corps I shot .303 Lee Enfield Rifles, .762 Self Loading Rifles, .303 Bren gun, .762 GPMG, Sterling sub-machine gun and the officers pistol of the day the Browning 9mm - all this in exchange for duty in the butts marking targets of course.

My highlight in the ATC was a ride in a Jet Provost which was very exciting - legs and arms had ties on them that were withdrawn if you pulled the eject handle so they weren't torn off on exit

I have fired a few other shotguns in my time but don't remember what they were.

On the ocassional trip to Canada I have shot a WW1 German very long barreled Mauser rifle which was.762 with a straight bolt handle and ever so accurate with virtually no recoil whatsoever and the odd hunting rifle but only at targets!

I won a turkey in a competition and beat the Canadians with their WW1 rifle getting the highest score on a random number square target :)

I would quite like a go at some long range rifle shooting with something exciting like a .50 calibre but its too expensive really.

Wow i reckon you win Allready. :)

i cant compete with that, weirdest thing i ever shot was a gat gun in early 70s :)

BSA Martini .22, Webley & Scott .22 bolt action shotgun, various English- underlever Hammer side/sides, (to young to remember any more details)

Edit. list is to long for modern stuff, plus i cannot remember them all

Edit again. .22 rimfire winchester repeater rifle model 18?? Rear leaf sight, hex barrel I was 8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here we go; Desert Eagle, S&W 38/357mag/44,Colt Python/Cobra,Grizzley win mag,Rugers various, Coonan, Enfield 303, Anshutz target, Feinwerkbau target, BSA Meteor, Gat, Diana .22, Relum.22, Webley .22 pistol, Miroku's various, Parrazi's various, Remmingtons various, Brownings various,Berettas various incl 92F, Silma, H&H, Purdey, K80's, AYA, Franchi various, Lanber various, Cogswell & Harrison, maybe a few others but I can't remember now! :D

Ok here we go; Desert Eagle, S&W 38/357mag/44,Colt Python/Cobra,Grizzley win mag,Rugers various, Coonan, Enfield 303, Anshutz target, Feinwerkbau target, BSA Meteor, Gat, Diana .22, Relum.22, Webley .22 pistol, Miroku's various, Parrazi's various, Remmingtons various, Brownings various,Berettas various incl 92F, Silma, H&H, Purdey, K80's, AYA, Franchi various, Lanber various, Cogswell & Harrison, maybe a few others but I can't remember now! :D
Ooooooh! some nice pistols in there - Make my Day material! :)

This is me last May in Vegas shooting an M249 Squad Assault Weapon (SAW) - what in Europe is referred to as an FN 'Minimi'.

Also that day I went to shoot:

Sig Sauer P226 - 9mm pistol

Browning High Power - 9mm

Beretta M9 - 9mm pistol

H&K P2000 - 9mm

H&K MP-5 - 9mm submachine gun (full auto, switch slectable)

Colt M4 Carbine - (which might traditionally be a NATO 5.56 round weapon, but we used .223 rounds)

M 40 - old WW2 German classic sub machinegun fully auto

HK G-36 Assault Rifle (.223, semi-auto)

AK-47 - Fully Automatic - NATO 7.62 rounds

Glock 17 - 9mm pistol

Steyr TMP - 9mm selectable machine pistol

.44 Magnum (revolver)

and a Remington 870 - 12 Gauge pump-action shotgun.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that lot, except perhaps the M 40, and I did, in the 90s, used to fire a range of Ruger weapons (rifles and sidearms) on my then girlfriend's dad's farm in southern Illinois.

.500 and .470 nitro express double rifles in the krieghoff firing range- brutal!

Ooooooh! some nice pistols in there - Make my Day material! :)
You could say that Robert! :D I was once heavily into those sort of things, an acquaintance of mine was ex military and worked for a "security firm" if you know what I mean? He got me into it. He had a small arsenal and I used much of it on a regular basis, mainly at Bisley, before they put the handgun ban into place. :angry:

I feel inadequate :(
Pay a visit to the USA Ian, you can shoot pretty much anything that can be fired over there. A lot of the interesting stuff is no longer legal over here! :(

That would be fun les. Maybe one day but lonato is first on the list :)

That would be fun les. Maybe one day but lonato is first on the list :)
Shame they did the handgun ban Ian, at Bisley you could see some serious man stoppers in action! The recoil of some those handguns could lift your arm above your head, not as easy to shoot them as the TV/films make them out to be at all. Lonato is closer than the USA anyway! :D

This is me last May in Vegas shooting an M249 Squad Assault Weapon (SAW) - what in Europe is referred to as an FN 'Minimi'.

Also that day I went to shoot:

Sig Sauer P226 - 9mm pistol

Browning High Power - 9mm

Beretta M9 - 9mm pistol

H&K P2000 - 9mm

H&K MP-5 - 9mm submachine gun (full auto, switch slectable)

Colt M4 Carbine - (which might traditionally be a NATO 5.56 round weapon, but we used .223 rounds)

M 40 - old WW2 German classic sub machinegun fully auto

HK G-36 Assault Rifle (.223, semi-auto)

AK-47 - Fully Automatic - NATO 7.62 rounds

Glock 17 - 9mm pistol

Steyr TMP - 9mm selectable machine pistol

.44 Magnum (revolver)

and a Remington 870 - 12 Gauge pump-action shotgun.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that lot, except perhaps the M 40, and I did, in the 90s, used to fire a range of Ruger weapons (rifles and sidearms) on my then girlfriend's dad's farm in southern Illinois.
Wouldn't mind a go with some of those but it would probably need a trip to the USA to do it!

Shame they did the handgun ban Ian, at Bisley you could see some serious man stoppers in action! The recoil of some those handguns could lift your arm above your head, not as easy to shoot them as the TV/films make them out to be at all. Lonato is closer than the USA anyway! :D
You don't have to go far for pistol action - its still OK in the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

Wouldn't mind a go with some of those but it would probably need a trip to the USA to do it!
Aye, and Finland and the Scando countries still have far less restrictive gun laws - especially when it comes to hunting moose - there is an annual quota of moose which must be shot, and if the civilian population don't hit that quota, then the armed forces have to do the job.

Rather them than me

Latest posts

Back