Health

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac1

Hi Guy’s. Recently while shooting at a local clay ground I suffered a heart attack :cry: . (No! it wasn't the cost or how difficult the clay's were, before anyone comments :p While lying in bed recovering in hospital I had a thought. What would happen to my gun If I had passed away? My wife hasn’t got a licence and no one in my family had either. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do in these circumstances. I would appretiate your comments on this. Sensible one's please :wink: . My gun was put away in my safe for me by a friend later that day.

Do what the doctors tell you and avoid pegging it is the best plan.  Minimise your risk factors - smoking, cholesterol, blood pressure being the main ones. My husband had a heart attack last September.  They fitted a stent, he's given up smoking, is taking the tablets they've told him to take to keep his blood pressure and cholesterol down and been told he's low risk of anything else happening and to get on with his life.  Hope you get the same news from them.

If you do all of that and then get run over by a bus, the link below includes some good advice.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/answers/legal-answers/shotgun-rifle-event-death-owner-73030

PS.  best wishes for your recovery, you'll be out shooting again in no time.

Two options really - They can be held at a local RFD or they can apply for a temp cert to cover them for a limited period of time, so they can then decide what they want to do with them. There is a third, but they would end up being destroyed.

Firearms may be different.

Sorry to hear of your bad news Malcolm.I would be happy to help if required , you only have to ask .

Least hassle is to have guns taken to a friendly RFD and sold on your Wife's behalf if ever the worst happens .I have recently done this for two departed friends wives.Plus I know the real value of your guns. 

Not the bargain price you told her that they cost. :smile:

As later years fall upon you ask the wife to apply for the sgc, Especially if you have high value guns. No need for her to become a shooter.

sorry to hear that mate, hope your ok now. Its a wake up call , enjoy your life.

have an arrangement with a friend, in the event of your death said friend (a shooter) will take the strain off your wife. He will contact feo and explain the circumstances and will take it from there to dispose of your guns.

Sorry to hear of your bad news Malcolm.I would be happy to help if required , you only have to ask .

Least hassle is to have guns taken to a friendly RFD and sold on your Wife's behalf if ever the worst happens .I have recently done this for two departed friends wives.Plus I know the real value of your guns. 

Not the bargain price you told her that they cost. :smile:
Pete, That's really kind of you and would take a lot of presure off Von. Hopefully I'll be around a lot longer yet, but it pay's to be ready for any future dissaster's. Thanks, Von know's the real value of the Krieghoff, she paid for it  :D  

Do what the doctors tell you and avoid pegging it is the best plan.  Minimise your risk factors - smoking, cholesterol, blood pressure being the main ones. My husband had a heart attack last September.  They fitted a stent, he's given up smoking, is taking the tablets they've told him to take to keep his blood pressure and cholesterol down and been told he's low risk of anything else happening and to get on with his life.  Hope you get the same news from them.

If you do all of that and then get run over by a bus, the link below includes some good advice.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/answers/legal-answers/shotgun-rifle-event-death-owner-73030

PS.  best wishes for your recovery, you'll be out shooting again in no time.
They say it was the stress of looking after my wife, I'm her full time carer. I don't smoke, drink much and kept fit running round looking after my wife  :wink:  Only blood presure i get is when the price of cart's keeps increasing  :cry:  Thank you for the infomation you supplied, very interesting, thanks.

Well you are still alive and kicking and that is the major plus !!! :)   Just get better and then once you have had some good medical advice decide what is the correct route for you and your guns. At this point in time you don't want to be stressing yourself worrying about guns. I hope you are much better soon and once fit again back shooting... I also suggest taking up trap shooting always under cover and never trudging round soggy wet fields :)  

you don't drink or smoke......there you go then that's the problem. ?

on the basis of you having very sadly been nearly taken from us even though you don't smoke or drink (much) I will endeavour to increase my mortality by continuing to do both ? in my tiny brain it makes perfect sense ?

They say it was the stress of looking after my wife, I'm her full time carer. I don't smoke, drink much and kept fit running round looking after my wife  :wink:  Only blood presure i get is when the price of cart's keeps increasing  :cry:  Thank you for the infomation you supplied, very interesting, thanks.
I can certainly believe that.  If I have a heart attack I have no doubt that it will easily be traced to stress related to something my wife has done.   :eek:

pace of life  , we are like cars with high mileage  ,  I'm working class  and enjoy a drink or two  I don't smoke never have  , 30 years in a factory on production lines  chasing a dollar aint helped much ,   but the wife insists   its all down to pot luck !    no guarantees if you live like a angel .      

pace of life  , we are like cars with high mileage  ,  I'm working class  and enjoy a drink or two  I don't smoke never have  , 30 years in a factory on production lines  chasing a dollar aint helped much ,   but the wife insists   its all down to pot luck !    no guarantees if you live like a angel .      
Every time my car goes in for service, I get told to give it a good blurt down the motorway. Based on that I think I deserve a good 'urine-up' at least once a month !     :D

A friend of mine didn't smoke , didn't drink , played sport , kept fit, died in bed aged seventeen .

The woman's husband did 21 years.

A friend of mine didn't smoke , didn't drink , played sport , kept fit, died in bed aged seventeen .

The woman's husband did 21 years.
:D  Brilliant  :D

Thanks everyone. If that don't make me feel better nothing will. I went shooting last night to Oakedge and shot compact. Enjoyed every shot. Only did two round but scored 16/25 on the first round and 21/25 on the second. Just enough for the first time out. Thanks again guy's

Latest posts

Back