Hamilton gunslip / stand thingy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Got one for Xmas (as requested).

I have been considering one of those shooting stands that fixes to a standard slip, but never quite fell in love with it. Looked a bit geeky?

The Hamilton is the proper job. It looks proper and my mate thought it must cost twice what it does. NIcely made with metal clips etc. A group of shooters came up and looked at it yesterday. I feared a laugh, but they just seemed impressed.

Right from the moment I extracted it from the back of the car, I found what a good device it is, because I placed it on the floor (the feet pop out instantly) while getting the rest of my stuff. Usually my gun would be leaning against the side of the car or something awkward. The feet auto return when you pick it up and walk off.

It is very light to carry, given what it is. Weighs about the same as a leather slip.

While on the shooting ground, it is a covered gun stand. Even if there is a gun stand provided I don't like putting my gun in it as clay shatter can pepper it. (And has).

I have not yet used it on a mountain side, in extreme muck or in a gale, but it seems very stable.

Thumbs up so far.

http://www.hamiltonshooting.com/gallery.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a good look at one and they really are well made given their sub oner price; would buy one in a heartbeat if they did an option with a 100 shell carrier sewn midriff so I can prop it onto my golf trolly :wink:

Consultancy fees gratefully accepted in prototype.

Was very much hoping to win one in the advent calendar, but will just have to put my hand in my pocket :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one for Xmas (as requested).

I have been considering one of those shooting stands that fixes to a standard slip, but never quite fell in love with it. Looked a bit geeky?

The Hamilton is the proper job. It looks proper and my mate thought it must cost twice what it does. NIcely made with metal clips etc. A group of shooters came up and looked at it yesterday. I feared a laugh, but they just seemed impressed.

Right from the moment I extracted it from the back of the car, I found what a good device it is, because I placed it on the floor (the feet pop out instantly) while getting the rest of my stuff. Usually my gun would be leaning against the side of the car or something awkward. The feet auto return when you pick it up and walk off.

It is very light to carry, given what it is. Weighs about the same as a leather slip.

While on the shooting ground, it is a covered gun stand. Even if there is a gun stand provided I don't like putting my gun in it as clay shatter can pepper it. (And has).

I have not yet used it on a mountain side, in extreme muck or in a gale, but it seems very stable.

Thumbs up so far.

http://www.hamiltonshooting.com/gallery.php
Now thats a better review.

I'll be stocking the Olive green version early in the new year.

£89.95 carriage extra.

webber

I also put this on my Xmas list and I am very impressed but have yet to use it in anger.

Reminds me of a very lightweight golf bag with a zipped pocket for chokes, fittings for an umbrella but nowhere for shells or the waterproofs.

I liked it as somewhere to keep the shotgun broken but out of the weather

That whole 'broken but in the slip' thing seems a bit of a safety gimmick to me. If the gun was safe to carry around in the slip for ages before you set it down, then why break it? The broken gun in slip looks far less stable and more easily knocked over than when it's all zipped up. Also, if its broken, the stock is still exposed to clay shatter. Plus you have more zipping to undo and do up.

I suspect I will be standing it up fully zipped prior to extracting the gun; breaking it as I remove it.

Went shooting with it today, at a crowded muddy shoot. Watched everybody with their muddy slips stacked up. Totally happy with the Hamilton on mixed terrain. Met a mate who had one also. We went round looking like an advert for them.

Can't recommend highly enough.

Seen one today in the shop at North Ayrshire, if I was in the market for a slip I'd buy one!!!

Tempted to buy one of theese , there's never anywhere to put your gun down when you need too, saw a shooter lean his SO5 up against a pick up only for the driver to move off and squash the barrels lesson learnt.

Well I was up on Dartmoor with mine on Sunday in very gusty windy conditions and it blew over without the gun in it twice but not when then the gun was in it.

Hi Robert

Please could you PM us your e-mail address so we can rectify for you?  We'd be very interested to hear about how the handle broke and what part has failed.  I also use my SlipStand with a Beretta 686 and we haven't identified a weakness  in the main carry handle during testing (total weight including gun and SlipStand is sure to be under 5kgs so there shouldn't be a great deal of stress on these parts in normal use and we have tested with weights up to 30kgs).  As we are the manufacturer we are keen to ensure the quality and durability of the SlipStands continue to be of the highest quality.

P.S in extremely windy conditions I hand my cartridge bag over the SlipStand, this keeps it out of the mud and also weighs the SlipStand down when the gun is removed.

Kind Regards

Gregg

Gregg, not sure if you've been asked this yet but will you be making a retro-fit stand?

I ask this as both my wife and myself use gun stands but they're a little flimsy and would like something thats 'built' if you know what i mean ?

Ian

Dear all

Hamilton monitors forums for threads regarding our product as it provides us impartial, open and honest feedback which enables us to improve and modify our designs to ensure we continue to manufacture products of the highest quality.  We believe forums are a place for private individuals to feel free to praise, rant or share their honest experiences and the presence of a manufacturer or business is detrimental to the flow of these facilities.  I posted above as I wasn't able to "Private Message" Robert until I had made 10 posts.  I also felt that the post warranted a reply as we would like Robert to know we take any problems encountered in the use of our products very seriously.

As a company we welcome feedback and questions but would please ask if you could direct these through our official channels (namely our e-mail address on our contact page at the website).  This enables the forums to remain unclogged and flow naturally without interruption or influence from a manufacturer or business.

I would be happy to address any questions, feedback or comments here : [email protected]

Kind regards

Gregg

Back