Guns on house contents insurance...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

So, I was wondering if other forum members had their guns on their house contents insurance, and if so, which companies have you found to be reasonably priced and accommodating?

I am currently with LV, but on building only. They don't seem very keen to insure me on contents now they know I have a cabinet....

Only two that I know of. More Than / Direct Line.

Been with More Than for years paid £600 with guns on there to the value of £20000.00. This Feb they jacked the price up to £888.00.

Got a quote from Direct Line £530.00 inc world wide travel for whole family and lots of other things like that. This is their best cover includes everything. Guns up to £4500 included in policy for no extra charge. So took this one.

They will prob jack price up next year, they are all at it, so I will change every year if I have to.

Hope this helps.

Buildings / Contents cover. The K is itemised and that's what put the cost up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you trying to get cover for Fire and personal/accidental damage?

Specified items on NFU home contents policy. Maybe not the cheapest but they've been good when a claim has been made.

Just renewed mine today actually via Payment Shield and included my guns as named items on the contents insurance.

Premium went up just under £1/month!

Tsb,unlimited at home 5k away from home.When I asked Lloyds they wouldn't do it and refered me to their sister company(already had building and contents with Lloyds).

The "sister" company's covers started from £400 they wanted £428 from me.

The Tsb asked if they could quote us for the renewal,I explained I wanted some guns covered they said no problem,I now have better cover,cheaper.

The crazy thing is They both use the same underwriter,strangely enough when I rang Llyods to tell them I wouldn't be renewing they asked why,they then said insuring my guns wouldn't be a problem.

Top of my head premium is £370 ish unlimited on both.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFU...£38 extra to cover my DT11 for £6000 and my custom rifle/scope for £2500

I found NFU best for other high value possessions, other insurers really started to add up when I started itemising our treats,and more receptive and open minded when discussing individual security measures.

Been with NFU for years without a claim

Claimed on a laptop a couple of years ago, got a new one very quickly without fuss.

Then the renewal date came up - last year's premium plus cost of laptop!

RBS and didn't change the amount we pay on premium.... I've only got an MK38, mind. Not one of these flashy guns like a lot of you lot....

Back