Gun Height

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigroo

With FITASC. How far down, from the top of the shoulder should the line be on a skeet vest?

Hi Bigroo - this may help ...

'The shooter uses a low gun ready position where the butt of the stock must be touching the body below a line marked on the shooters vest or shirt. Again, to be specific the rule book states:

Shooters must adopt the ready position, i.e. standing with both feet within the limits of the shooting stand, with the heel of the gun stock touching the body under a horizontal line marked on the shooter’s jacket. This line is 25 cm (9.85") below the axis of the shoulder and in parallel with this axis. Shooters must remain in this position until the target is released and is visible.'

http://www.fitasc.com/upload/reglements/ParcoursDeChasse230908_UK.pdf

Hi Bigroo - this may help ...

'The shooter uses a low gun ready position where the butt of the stock must be touching the body below a line marked on the shooters vest or shirt. Again, to be specific the rule book states:

Shooters must adopt the ready position, i.e. standing with both feet within the limits of the shooting stand, with the heel of the gun stock touching the body under a horizontal line marked on the shooter’s jacket. This line is 25 cm (9.85") below the axis of the shoulder and in parallel with this axis. Shooters must remain in this position until the target is released and is visible.'

http://www.fitasc.com/upload/reglements/ParcoursDeChasse230908_UK.pdf
Thank you!! Now i can get a horizontal line stitched on to my jacket.

Remember to measure it with a soft tape measure from the top of the shoulder rolled down over the chest. I read it as a straight line down at a right angle to the top of the shoulder and my line was level with my knee caps :.:

Remember to measure it with a soft tape measure from the top of the shoulder rolled down over the chest. I read it as a straight line down at a right angle to the top of the shoulder and my line was level with my knee caps :.:
Thank you! I was just going to measure down from the seam on the shoulder then level across

You can do that, but be aware that your seam may sit forward or backwards of the axis of your shoulder. I have a vest where the seam sits 'in front' of the axis, by about an inch. Consequently, my FITASC line is quite low... keeps me honest with my gun hold, but should be more accurate.

My fault for not telling the embroiderer.

Latest posts

Back