Gun Fitting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunfit is of utmost importance if shooting gundown! Close your eyes, quickly mount the gun and open your eyes. What do you see? Rib, rib off to one side, no rib? If the gun does not point where you are looking, you will miss! We even have loaner guns of different stocks to be able to match the shooter with a good match. If it works for novices, why not you? I don't beleive in the stock bending technics. A good widler can widdle away the wood into the action. In your case, I think that you need more lenght. That is easily done. A good stock fitter is most important when shooting gun down! It might be that you might need a complet new stock for your physic. There are a number of very reasonable priced Italians that can get you fitted in a nice new stock with an hour or so. You oil the stock yourself! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I'm with Ed. You can't and shouldn't attempt to fit a gun to someone who can't mount perfectly from out of the shoulder or gun down./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I think there are almost two stages to this process:-1) Initially I believe the beginner should have a gun that fits somewhere near, otherwise how are they going to progress if the stock is far too long or short or most importantly the drop is way out! I've seen small guys battling away with stocks that are far too long for them and vice-versa very tall chaps cramped over a very short stock. A reputable gun shop should be able to advise on this or failing that a beginner should take an experenced shot with them for advice at the time of purchase.2) When the shooter has been shooting for some time and has settled into a proper gun mounting routine but seems to have reached a plateau in terms of improvement, then this could be the time to have another look at gun fit. It's possible be that some refinement to height of comb etc might be beneficial for example if they are habitually shooting over the top of certain targets.Stewart

Latest posts

Back