Gun fit/pitch of stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog tyred is right I was looking at photo on phone upside down every time I turned phone photo turned ., so it may be the case that there is too much cast off on the trap stock and that's keeping it out to far on your shoulder? Take both guns to a gun fitter so he can see you mount the two of them

Thanks for all the responses!

I went to Dennis (UK Gunsmiths) the other day and he has seen me mount both guns (not both stocks on the trap gun). The pitch alteration was one main of the recommendations, hence the temporary wedge; I don't recall him mentioning the cast but to be fair to him it wasn't a full on measurement session; that would have been done assuming I went ahead with one of the options. Its the cast at the toe that is the problem factor here, as its sat right on the edge of my pec, whereas the sporter is sat nicely down the middle.

I have spoken to Dennis today, and its felt that there isn't enough meat on the stock to shorten the stock as well as fit a Jones adjuster (which would require more length to be lost to remain at new length) and alter the pitch as its would be starting to get close to the back of the comb cut out! So this in my mind is leading me toward a custom job, and got Dennis to price me up a NIll Griffe stock; whilst bloody expensive I doubt I would ever need anything else. I am looking at a couple of other options, maybe find a nice trap stock cut to length and made fully adjustable (comb and Jones adjuster) but even then i'm probably looking toward £1k, with limited re-sale value, whereas the nill-griffe would not be limited!

I will probably pop over to Dennis this week to handle the evo comp that he has in stock for a DT11 and take things from there! 

Oh yeah your right Greg. Its a kind of mirror image as its been drawn around. I was having a thicko moment.

Insert embarrassed smiley thing.

Hope all go's well, you could have a look at some custom stocks from outside the uk, iv heard some very good reports of similar quality much cheaper Italy and Spain, (thicko moment) you and me both ips lucky I was always thought measure twice cut once ha ha

I think the griffe is the way i would go if i were you. Let us know how things progress.

You can get a Valeriano around 600euro. By the way how much does the Griffe cost? 2-3k?

You can get a Valeriano around 600euro. By the way how much does the Griffe cost? 2-3k?
Never heard them/that? Is that like esseveira? The nill is a bit under £2k

I have considered an esse, but they don't do adjustable stocks which I really need as my size can change a little, so time you make it adjustable and factor travel costs etc your getting toward £1k for a very specific fit with a resale value of.......?

Yes thats esseviere. Really I think he made one for a couple of fellows. I think You should never change your stock so don't think about resale

Thing is snipey is a big bloke who does weights and stuff so his body prob changes shape / build (bit like me ripped) so i think he is correct to go for adjustable everything like a griffe.

Yes had the same issue. Each time I got pumped up I got a different stock feeling. At the I quit gym. Otherwise I was playing all the time with the adjustments...

Exactly that's the same reason for me that and i am a lazy old git :)

Frayed. ..

I like that mate i do feel very frayed these days. But for the record i used to be very fit and actually did have abs. In my late 20s Gym 4 times a week fencing 3 times a week shooting once a week, vegetarian none smoker and tee total.

I enjoy life more now as a lazy old git :)

Frayed. ..

I like that mate i do feel very frayed these days. But for the record i used to be very fit and actually did have abs. In my late 20s Gym 4 times a week fencing 3 times a week shooting once a week, vegetarian none smoker and tee total.

I enjoy life more now as a lazy old git :)
I had a six-pack once. Now it's a "Party Seven"   :fie:

Latest posts

Back