Gun blueing

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Hi I'm looking to get my barrels reblued on my krieghoff, where is the best place in the south west, also does anyone have any idea of turn around times?

A mate of mine took his k barrels to mulliners, I think they sent them to Alan Rhone. Dont know how many smiths do their own blacking. My mates were away about a month as far as I remember.

Paul Stephens, Bideford, Devon.

Many, many, Gunmakers & Gunshops use FW Wiseman of Cannock for barrel blacking

Last edited by a moderator:
All sorted now, I took them to teagues as there on my doorstep and he's sending them off, still a 3/4 week job though.

All sorted now, I took them to teagues as there on my doorstep and he's sending them off, still a 3/4 week job though.
One reason for the time period is that a barrel blacker will wait until he has several pairs ready for each stage of the process,  rather than doing the full job on one pair at a time. My side by side was done by Wisemans of Cannock some 20 years ago and they still look good.

Very few gunsmiths blue barrels now. It's a dirty, dangerous and time consuming job. 

Wisemans at Cannock are just about the best in the business. You'll find many gunsmiths will offer the service then send them to Wisemans.

had mine done by a bloke in Devon about ten years ago the result was way better than the factory finish. Two weeks and about 150 quid. Its all about the striking or prep that's what dictates the quality of the finished article

Latest posts

Back