Gosport & Fareham

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisondan

To the owner of Gosport & Fareham CTC.

Trying to be clever and shooting a 12-bore shotgun, one handed, to show off, is very dangerous.  

I was horrified to see this earlier at the Clubman shoot and would certainly never return to your ground.

Well at least Fareham aren't in hot water again!

Ive found G&F to be a very chavvy shoot when I went, loads of people in tracky bottoms and jackets with guns, they didn't even check my licence for my first time!

Can you confirm. You witnessed the shoot owner do this. Or a third party?
I was addressing the owner in my post, however the person who I saw shooting with one hand seemed to be in a senior position at the shoot.

He was an Asian chap who I did see at previous times during the morning, was organising things round the ground.

There was a recent post regarding a "well known shooter" showing off at a registered shoot by shooting from the hip.

This was deemed to be acceptable however, by the great and the good people of this parish??

I'm glad this example of buffoonery has been seen to be not tolerated, as should any such disgraceful display.

Perhaps it's ok if you are well known, but not if you are one of the masses?

I personally shall not be patronising the ground mentioned as this sort of behavior should not be tolerated under any circumstance!

honestly you would not want to go anyway.....8 traps for 7 stands

the only one with 2 traps was a quartering crosser and an incomer which passed maybe 6ft over the cage,a simo pair.

crosser not an issue,incomer just appeared about 20ft in front of you because of background and passed just over the top of the cage....pattern not to large at that range.

found it a little bit distracting to find there were people walking there dogs on a footpath approx 30m behind the stand,admittedly the cage prevented me swinging all the way but i would imagine shot would fall there

apart from the first stand a going away simo pair from a scaffolding tower,lad with a manual trap :smile:  the rest were just 10 of the same target on report we shot some as trailing pairs to make it a bit more fun.

no instruction cards on stands apart from stand one so obviously no issue with that no sign on the gate to actually indicate where shoot was?

i understand it is a small club shoot but i hadn't seen a manual trap at a shoot for years or one trap stands.

apparently no facilites for the ladies not such a problem for the men as plenty of bushes

did have a burger van present run by a yank/canadian sometimes i can't tell......bloody stingy on the bacon though!

all that plus what i have just read.....i don't think i will be returning.

shame really as i like to find shoots that are new to me,shame really as although flat it had a mix of open space and trees which was used well.

There is a time and place for 'trick shooting', but I do not feel that an open shoot constitutes either the time or the place. As for the 'famous shooter'  I feel that I would have said something, in particular as he/she could be loosely described as an Ambassador for our Sport.

Latest posts

Back