GOOD OR BAD

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's already alive and well and working in the USA. Might be called iclays but cant recall. Shot on the same squad who was involved in something similar (or the actual company) a few years back...

Good memory Ed, just bingled iclays it looks a pretty funky setup/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Too late guys :)  I have already submitted my idea along this lines to both the patent office and my solicitor. My way works works similarly, however it's not worth pursuing as it's cost prohibitive for most grounds that are struggling at the best of times :(  Jon.

optima said:

tobi-wan said:
92 in C? Sorry, that's just ridiculous!
And a c class lady at that
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifChecked her scores on CPSA. She's B in FITASC and her other ESP scores look decidedly better than C. So she either shot out of her skin and/or it was too easy and/or another different reason.

Probably a bit of shot out her skin and a bit of my c class being very transitional. Could be a newish shooter with a bag of talent, a decent coach and plenty of practice. Probably Wont be in c at the next round of classifications

shootclay admin said:

Just out of interest - it would be great to get an excel file from a shoot and run some pivot tables to get some averages out - it might make it easier to report on shoots if we knew the 'par' per class and the 'par per stand'The analysis would be easy to write - I assume all the scores get uploaded to the CPSA in the same way - so a simple 'scoreboard' of the overall shoot would be a piece of cake to write and use.Any ground want to work with me on this?
Matt- at Sporting Targets they publish all shooters scores at every stand as part of the results service, they also run a live leader board on their web site during shoots (updated every 5 minutes) full results with prize money are published within 10 minutes of them being calculated on the day of the shoot. If you want the data it is publicly available at: http://www.sportingtargets.co......s&m=1They have the results for all registered shoots back to April 2010 on line at present. Cheers JT

optima said:

tobi-wan said:
92 in C? Sorry, that's just ridiculous!
And a c class lady at that
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifAccording to CPSA records this lady shooter has shot 10 registered ESP shoots in an eight month period, if you check her scores from other disciplines shot the lady can obviously shoot!

Steve Lovatt said:

Thanks Jim, and you're right, but let's not get carried away with one shoot.  My point is and always has been that my courses are 100% different everytime so blogs such as this aren't particularly helpful for me and make me pretty savage. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif  When we have been banging on and on (excuse the punn!) about different layouts every time and people do one shoot and start saying 'this is the way its going to be so I'm not sure it's for me....' quite honestly it makes me wonder why I bother changing everything so much each week!  I could just leave it (as many do) and have an easy life.  Just try thinking about what you are all actually saying.  One swallow doesn't make a summer and one shoot doesn't make 'the norm'. Westfield next time will be 100% different, as always, and I will set the targets so it is varied, interesting, challenging and achievable for all levels taking into consideration the wind direction, speed, temperature, sun and everything else.  I won't be setting it with the hard target brigade in mind or the soft shoot fanatics.  I'll be setting what I think is a good course with something for everyone and people will undoubtedly tell me their opinions, good and bad, at the end.  That's what it's all about.   I too love to go and have a crack at the really long crossers and I know how it feels to keep going back until you've got it but quite honestly, to many sunday shooters, that's not what they want and on a stand where that could cost someone (B,C shooters in particular) 4-5 targets, it's not ideal.As for times are hard why put the price up, the answer is simple, it's been £30 to shoot 100 birds for 3 years, since then the clays are a lot more expensive, VAT is 2.5% dearer, our rent has risen twice and our insurance for the shoots has increased £2k per year.  I don't think I need to even mention fuel.  I'm sure your business prices have increased a little in the last 3 years too.  Are you still charging your customers the same price or have you finally had to pass on the increases too?Our reason for going to £150 1st per class is that we normally stake a £150 HG which is our sponsorship of the shoot.  It generally only appeals to one class, a dozon or so shooters but from our point of view it is to stimulate people to want to attend the shoot.  B and A class could argue that they fill most of our shoots yet they are never going to win the shoot and AA get a HG and a 1st place??  The argument works both ways.  Perhaps it is a mindset that needs to change?  I don't know.  Time will tell.  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gifIf a dozen or more in each class are stimulated by this prize fund then everyone wins. It's not ideal when someone like Sean shoots 96 and gets £30 but equally someone on the same day shot 1 or 2 targets less than that and got nothing - it's the same in every class.  It sucks but the line has to be drawn somewhere.  That's the point of classes, you are being totally ridiculous to make the comparison between 1st in C and 3rd in AA.We will run the prize fund for a while and see what happens, it may be modified, it may not.  We did run a prize fund Jan/Feb this year that paid £80 1st, £60 2nd, £50 3rd, £40 4th and a free shoot for 5th but that didn't seem to interest that many people so we stopped. We're damned if we do, we're damned if we don't so as the saying goes, 'Love a lot, trust a few but always paddle your own canoe'. I am now off to go paddling some more at Westfield to get the FITASC ready for this weekend. See you there.  Steve
Its a shame you think iam being ridiculous for having a coment but then Big Jim has broad shoulders.Ill shut up and put up and ill keep my forty years shooting ideas to my self /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif One thing while your paddling your canoe watch out for the rapids there up ahead and your on your own. Good luck. see you at westfeildsJim/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Sorry Jim, totally ridiculous was a bit harsh....! Can't help taking comments on Westfield to heart - it's our 'home ground' and we are perhaps a little over sensitive at times. ;0(Glad you've got broad shoulders. Steve

I want Steve in my life boat, what a bloke. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

well here's my 2 bob's worth....there should be some thing for every class at a 100 sp not 90% of targets for the B and C's. those of us in AA pay the same entry, agreed there are in most cases fewer of us than in other categories, (and that takes some believing with the scores being posted round the country).so why would this scenario not work......100 targets divided by  the 4 main CPSA classes = 25 so there for why not put 25 targets on for each class ? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif this could become the norm at every sporting ground in-turn balancing and making the current class system work so much better, surely the B and C class shooters can see that long term shooting soft, easy targets will only lead to them moving through the classes at a alarming rate /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif !!! I feel we need to look long term with our sport and realise quick fix may not be the answer.There are many ways  to improve your shooting...gun fit and gun mount being the two major factors. I see so many people out there with brand new guns...top ranges shells....the best shooting glasses available ...right clothes ...correct diet ...etc etc  and really struggle to reach their goal, the cost of 5 reg shoots spent with a GOOD coach may help ??? but i'm a believer in "you can't put in what god left out" so may be with that in mind be happy with 10 birds less, persevere with harder targets, I know that in reality there will always be one or two who "have their day" and ever increasingly there are shooters who should not be in those classes, but thats another avenue !!!!        can any one confirm the rumour that Steve is selling his devilish tower and using the proceeds to buy a huge "ICE CREAM VAN" so we can all get a 99 at Westfields ????? ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Well i shot westfields Sunday,  the efforts that have been made in the clubhouse and the ground are exceptional, nice to see ground owners ploughing some back in.. the shoot for me just needed that odd couple of stands with a harder bird or two on to make it a bit more testing for the higher or medium classed shots, me in A class well i shot a high score but this doesn't reflect my ability, personally i would like to be tested on the odd stand, westfield was renowned for hard testing targets, but and a big but, too many people moaned !! but lets be honest it kept them in the correct class for there ability, trouble is in this day and age its a business and you have to accommodate everyone or no one will play, then the ground cant survive... hard work all round..  but if your in the wrong class for doing to many easy shoots come the big competitions and class progression it will all show I'm afraid, depends what you want out of the sport, me personally if i pay £37 to shoot competitive targets i would prefer some competitive targets....my thoughts only /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif  

Clynt said:

well here's my 2 bob's worth....there should be some thing for every class at a 100 sp not 90% of targets for the B and C's. those of us in AA pay the same entry, agreed there are in most cases fewer of us than in other categories, (and that takes some believing with the scores being posted round the country).so why would this scenario not work......100 targets divided by  the 4 main CPSA classes = 25 so there for why not put 25 targets on for each class ? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif this could become the norm at every sporting ground in-turn balancing and making the current class system work so much better, surely the B and C class shooters can see that long term shooting soft, easy targets will only lead to them moving through the classes at a alarming rate /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif !!! I feel we need to look long term with our sport and realise quick fix may not be the answer.There are many ways  to improve your shooting...gun fit and gun mount being the two major factors. I see so many people out there with brand new guns...top ranges shells....the best shooting glasses available ...right clothes ...correct diet ...etc etc  and really struggle to reach their goal, the cost of 5 reg shoots spent with a GOOD coach may help ??? but i'm a believer in "you can't put in what god left out" so may be with that in mind be happy with 10 birds less, persevere with harder targets, I know that in reality there will always be one or two who "have their day" and ever increasingly there are shooters who should not be in those classes, but thats another avenue !!!!        can any one confirm the rumour that Steve is selling his devilish tower and using the proceeds to buy a huge "ICE CREAM VAN" so we can all get a 99 at Westfields ????? ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
Very witty /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif ICE Ceam van '99' that made me laugh, thanks god someone got some humour ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif 

Clynt said:

can any one confirm the rumour that Steve is selling his devilish tower and using the proceeds to buy a huge "ICE CREAM VAN" so we can all get a 99 at Westfields ????? ./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
  ////////////////// I'm first /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Personally, I am very happy with a 69 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif.Look let's get one thing straight, I cannot for the life of me see anything wrong with what Steve & Allison are doing.Steve's  one of only a few who understands as a competitor what his customers want.He must be doing something correct because people travel hundreds of miles to his shoots.I can remember when everyone moaned that Westfield was 'too hard, targets at ridiculous distances' now ask your self, Was there ever a target that was not broken?Get real, step up to the plate and improve.Personally speaking I would like to see shoots won with a 92-94 but getting the balance correct is a very difficult thing.If it was easy we would all be ground owners.No chaps, wind your necks in and give Westfield & Weston Wood the credit they deserve.

Salopian said:

Personally, I am very happy with a 69 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif.  Agree 100%/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifLook let's get one thing straight, I cannot for the life of me see anything wrong with what Steve & Allison are doing. Agree 100%Steve's  one of only a few who understands as a competitor what his customers want. Agree 100%He must be doing something correct because people travel hundreds of miles to his shoots. Agree 100%I can remember when everyone moaned that Westfield was 'too hard, targets at ridiculous distances' now ask your self, Was there ever a target that was not broken?  Yeah, the left to right crosser off the top of the tower of dome the first time I shot there, I didnt hit any of them but saw a few shooters mince them, what was worse was Steve sat on his quad watching me shoot it like a tit .Get real, step up to the plate and improve. I must try harderPersonally speaking I would like to see shoots won with a 92-94 but getting the balance correct is a very difficult thing.If it was easy we would all be ground owners. I would like to hit those scoresNo chaps, wind your necks in and give Westfield & Weston Wood the credit they deserve. Agree 100%, thats why when asked at the regional meeting a few years ago about Steves Weston Wood as an English Sporting/FITASC venue I backed the idea to the hilt.

Here we driveTo the Shooting HiveWe pays are doshThen eat some Nosh. We then pay for 100Some say Sporting ClaysTo be embarrassed and totally dismayed That 20 yarder yet got awayThat 15 yarder not put at bay Why oh why do we cryWhen all we want are birds to FLY!!!! T.I.T.S   /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

yellow/yellow said:

Here we driveTo the Shooting HiveWe pays are doshThen eat some Nosh. We then pay for 100Some say Sporting ClaysTo be embarrassed and totally dismayed That 20 yarder yet got awayThat 15 yarder not put at bay Why oh why do we cryWhen all we want are birds to FLY!!!! T.I.T.S   /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif
T.I.T.S (Targets In The Sky)

Back