GOOD OR BAD

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was shoot with 'class' prizes so each class gets a share relative to entry, or, sponsered by the ground. if it was just a plain 'open' shoot (no classes and winner takes all) then the top guys would clean up and the lower end 'c' class shooters would possibly go elswhere. Having a chance of a big payday in your particular class will see a good entry usually.

I agree - I think that something in every class will keep the entries up across the whole field. I also agree with the concept of changing everything round at every shoot - I would much rather see variety, that gives me the opportunity to keep building up pictures of target presentations and a chance to keep testing myself at every shoot.I think Steve and the team are getting it right - the queue out of the door for cards at Weston is testament to that, every price is rising - and it is no surprise to me that running a shoot is getting more expensive. I'm not happy with those rises, but I understand it. However, I do feel happier paying money for a quality product - and for me, that means variation, challenges and decent facilities.

Similar type of shoot at Kibworth on 9th October which was the East Midlands Inter-Counties Sporting.  Link: http://www.cpsa.co.uk/scores/f.....s/41/53668 No real testing stands or targets for reasonable shooters but the same for everyone and they all had to be shot. A phrase I’ve heard is targets were set “too easy” but even the top shots have to concentrate to hit ALL of the easy ones.P Simpson very nearly did – he was top gun with 99/100 (bet he was gutted) but shows how well he shot even if they weren’t the toughest he’s seen.Class results were, AAA=99, AA=98, A=94, B=91, C=92This isn’t a criticism at the shoot by the way – just an observation.I would have preferred a few tougher targets but I still missed some, and I’d also like to say that I go shooting because I love Shooting, comps and straw balers alike. As long as I can afford to I hope to continue to shoot and whilst I’ve picked up the odd "place" here and there I would still shoot even if there was no prize money.Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest - it would be great to get an excel file from a shoot and run some pivot tables to get some averages out - it might make it easier to report on shoots if we knew the 'par' per class and the 'par per stand'The analysis would be easy to write - I assume all the scores get uploaded to the CPSA in the same way - so a simple 'scoreboard' of the overall shoot would be a piece of cake to write and use.Any ground want to work with me on this?

It was a very steady shoot, but having said that she still shot very very well. I had a shocking day dropping one or two silly birds on nearly every stand and still came away with 85 

I remember this day- just. Nearly finished blanking it out of my memory banks!!!!

shootclay admin said:

Just out of interest - it would be great to get an excel file from a shoot and run some pivot tables to get some averages out - it might make it easier to report on shoots if we knew the 'par' per class and the 'par per stand'The analysis would be easy to write - I assume all the scores get uploaded to the CPSA in the same way - so a simple 'scoreboard' of the overall shoot would be a piece of cake to write and use.Any ground want to work with me on this?
You can just copy the scores from the cpsa site and paste into Excel - then delete any columns etc you don't want and sort by class. That I can do (the easy bit) , I'll leave the analysis to you as it's beyond me. Cheers

I can do that bit as well - it's the detailed scorecard per shooter, per stand that I'd really love to help get access to as well.

I remember this day- just. Nearly finished blanking it out of my memory banks!!!!A great squad that apart from one all shot like muppets, very much a day to forget

Just had a quick look at the scores from our last shoot and worked out the average per class.AA Class had an average of 87.6 and was won with 95A Class had an average of 79.5 and was won with 95 (2nd was 89)B Class had an average of 74.7 and was won with 87C Class had an average of 64.2 and was won with 81

shootclay admin said:

I can do that bit as well - it's the detailed scorecard per shooter, per stand that I'd really love to help get access to as well.
I shot podimore shooting ground on sept 4th and note that they put everyones scores up on every stand,nice to look back and look at where you went wrong,(i know where i went wrong,i went birds only) but i would imagine this would be a lot of work for the ground owner or their wives.

Absolutely right - this would be a lot of work.. and it's one of the puzzles that keeps me awake at night... scoring at shoots - is there a way to make it:1. Cheatproof2. Accessible for everyone3. Immediately available4. Cool5. Low effort

Hand-held , wireless transmitter from scorer to electronic scoreboard. Target by target scoring for all to see. Someone wants to build it , I want royalties :)

Hawkeye said:

Hand-held , wireless transmitter from scorer to electronic scoreboard. Target by target scoring for all to see. Someone wants to build it , I want royalties :)
 It's expensive, highly complex, small market, not going to make a viable business for me, for that reason, I'm out.

Hawkeye said:

Having said all that, it's a bloody fine idea, just imagine how cool that would be. We could all stand in the club house and clap/barrack real time /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif.

Back