gold cup

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very very good shoot, testing targets , the likes of not seen regularly enough.

Congratulations to Chris Daniels on a superb allround performance  this weekend.

Although I shot dreadfully, I actually enjoyed the shoot. Made me realise that I need to pull the trigger a lot lot more.

Congratulations Steve & Allison and all the referees for a very good shoot.

I've not been shooting long enough to don the rose tinted specs and rattle on about the great championships of the 70's & 80's but I've been around long enough to realise that that was an exceptional weekend for clay shooting.

Went home empty handed but not at all disappointed. Very well done to Mssrs Daniels and Childerhouse, two fantastic ambassadors for the sport.

As for the young Brody Woollard, a pleasure to see the young lad smackin em up. That gun was bigger than him wasn't it?

Great fun, great targets, great atmosphere, great trousers (Steve) great weather, great refs, etc..............................

Just back and relaxing after an excellent weekend... it has been said before, but congratulations to Steve and Ally for a spectacular weekend of shooting.

Great to see so many ShootClay members out and about on the course - and to see some of our members featuring high up in the scoring & placing in both events.]

Notable performances - Jason for smashing C-Class, Steve Scott Smith for scalping some big names on his way through the WGC, Chris Childerhouse for smiling all the to the final and smiling even when he came second - lovely stuff,  Lainy for putting in an amazing ladies performance before Rachel shot today - and all the other members that made it such good fun.  Another highlight for me was watching Brody Wollard taking so many big names to school in the White Gold Cup.

I have a stack of good pictures - and a report to write, but I'll get round to them.  

The sporting event - excellent, best sporting course I have shot in a long time - great targets, good fun and the WOW factor on some amazing stands. Stand 16 killed me - 1ex10 - superb targets. The Covey stand 5 ex 8 after I figured out a plan...  the flushes were excellent, especially the teal stand.  I was lucky enough to shoot round with George Digweed, a complete masterclass for me and I'm sure an excellent learning experience for him  :fie:

Once again - great day, beautiful weather, great hospitality and superb organisation and targets. 

Well I got to say a big thanks and well done to Steve and Ally for making clay shooting a lot more enjoyable, the gold cup was the best major this year if the CPSA could look at this maybe we may enjoy the majors again no 99 ice creams here, and the white gold was run brilliantly grounds like westfields should be commended for making some effort to clay shooting which has become stagnant in the last few years, Steve etc has made a real effort and that's good for the sport especially with the sad news of grounds closing, can't wait till next year and congratulations on classic bloody deserve it

Well I shot the 150 bird sporting event today, I have to say it was different and I am so glad it was. If it is a similar format next year I will be going back, just something different that is a challenge and fun. If it was just another 150 bird sporting event then I don't think i would have enjoyed it half as much. I did enjoy stand 16, only got 5 on it though but had a smile shooting it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got home just after 10 my missus was in bed and even she had to have a full 10 minutes of how good Westfield was. Best shoot this year for me by miles well done steve

Not 1 away tim today more like 2 or 3 occasionally 4 away ! Daniels Scott and I say get the beers in "and well done".

Well folks a big thank you again for all the kind remarks it does really mean a lot to Allison and myself

We made up the idea of a 150 sporting last December but thought 15 stands of ten pairs could be quite boring and tiring so can we do something different ??

Yes I can but I tell you all now I was as nervous as hell on the thurs morning until I could here people laughing and joking around the ground .

A Huge thanks go to our sponsors gamebore cartridges ( Paul and Lydia thanks for all help and support ) and for letting us to start the white gold challenge again which will be back next year with some new ideas mixed in

Thanks to Promatic traps ( Janet who is an absolute star ) who provided the clays for the event

Then thanks to all our staff and refs some of whom slept in the barn for four long nights ( well until they found out Charlie snored like a train then they were in their cars and around the ground .

We will be back with this event next year so keep the weekend free folks !!!!

Thank you each and everyone of you

Steve and ally

One of the best shoots, if not the best I have shot, loved everything about it.  A lot of work went into that, and if I had a hat on I'd take it off to you. Well Done, I will definitely be back next year.

Spot on Steve, now I know why you were riding round on the quad following us round on Thursday morning.

Bumped into you just after shot the teal stand walking to the rabbits, 2 of us. Then I was asking Richard bunning how he got on in club house aswell. I think you were there then.

Cheers Andy

Back