gold cup

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long way to go and very different, I did not enjoy it!

started on stand 16 and it was all down hill from there, put more and pressure on myself to do well...which of course made it worse.

Well run and great targets but three clays in the air, and flush format, clays as soon as you close the gun....killed it for me.

Liked the true sporting stands so hit something, but it was all too late by then.

Steve did a great job, but it's a format that I could not get to grips with as I ended up with more zeros than the Japanese airforce.

Not a negative comment just i was not good enough for this type of layout.

Long way to go and very different, I did not enjoy it!

started on stand 16 and it was all down hill from there, put more and pressure on myself to do well...which of course made it worse.

Well run and great targets but three clays in the air, and flush format, clays as soon as you close the gun....killed it for me.

Liked the true sporting stands so hit something, but it was all too late by then.

Steve did a great job, but it's a format that I could not get to grips with as I ended up with more zeros than the Japanese airforce.

Not a negative comment just i was not good enough for this type of layout.
In fairness you probably started on one of the toughest stands and the three bird flush was great, but hard. (well hard for me).

Don't get me wrong it was a great shoot but had trouble seeing the clays through the tears. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shoot i felt. nice to mix things up stand 16 was great i loved the the B bird bring it on i say, i went today full of man flu glad i did, top job Steve

I thought a 141 will win but who knows on 16 stands it becomes a great mental battle , sure pill coley will help out if any one needs advise unless he is knackered after today , reckon he must have shot 800 targets in is head today ! .
needed a day off today that is for sure - but had a handful of clients going round, be back tomorrow and a big day on Sunday. Reckon I will shoot a few thousand targets mentally this weekend that is for sure!!!

A real big thanks for all your kind remarks and observations it really does mean a lot to Allison and myself , yes it was a risk to mix it up a bit and I knew there would be people that don't like this format but hey ho majority do , and I can honestly say in our 10 years of running clay shoots we have not experienced an atmosphere like this and the big Sunday is yet to come

Thanks all Steve and Allison

the anticipation of waiting to shoot this on Sunday is a bit like waiting to go on a first date - got butterflies in my stomach.

This has to be the best and most entertaining shoot that i have shot this year. :good:

All those left to shot this are in for a treat,can't say anything but it has things you won't have seen before.

Fantastic, well done to Steve,Aly and all the team. :goodjob:
martin you hit the nail on the head there mate...that was the best targets ive shot in a major comp for a very long time..

ACE.....bloody well run...and hats of too steve and team    :goodjob:   :bow:

want to say so much but not spoiling it ..for anyone shooting it you are in for a treat....

good too meet ashley from here and the gang well shot lads...well shot short legs too nice too shoot with ya again 
Have to agree with you both brilliant shoot ,great targets and enjoyed pitting my wits against the course thoroughly enjoy it even if I left quite a few there could have had with a bit more thought. Good to meet Ashley from here well shot with 119. Well shot marmite 120 you shot really well that 'ol' Italian drain pipe was on top form, great company to shoot with again, nice to see tiptop, shoot well tomorrow mate and the headless horse man from sleepyhollow was enjoying too .

Great day out in great company and a real fun atmosphere missed on so many big events , full marks to Steve,Ally and all the refs for making it a shoot to remember and a bench mark for others to try to meet !

Have to agree with you both brilliant shoot ,great targets and enjoyed pitting my wits against the course thoroughly enjoy it even if I left quite a few there could have had with a bit more thought. Good to meet Ashley from here well shot with 119. Well shot marmite 120 you shot really well that 'ol' Italian drain pipe was on top form, great company to shoot with again, nice to see tiptop, shoot well tomorrow mate and the headless horse man from sleepyhollow was enjoying too .

Great day out in great company and a real fun atmosphere missed on so many big events , full marks to Steve,Ally and all the refs for making it a shoot to remember and a bench mark for others to try to meet !
Bloody marmite !!!! Watch it shorty...ha ha...you shot well bud even though the rabbits just walked on by !!!! Run rabbit run rabbit run run run.....right im off to hide before the welsh on slaught starts....;)

Bloody marmite !!!! Watch it shorty...ha ha...you shot well bud even though the rabbits just walked on by !!!! Run rabbit run rabbit run run run.....right im off to hide before the welsh on slaught starts.... ;)
excuse me lofty !!!! as if your six foot :haha:  yes my bogey came to haunt me there ! NO welsh onslaught Yet ! just remember for ever the wheel turns what goes around comes around !! and I'll just bide my time for now :yes:

Just got home from shooting the Gold Cup, great day out! Stayed on to watch the last WGC too.

Really enjoyed the special stands except number 16 but can't love them all!

Great targets and no queues whilst shooting well done Steve and Allison and the refs too!

Let's hope I enjoy what tomorrow holds for me as much.

Just got home from shooting the Gold Cup, great day out! Stayed on to watch the last WGC too.

Really enjoyed the special stands except number 16 but can't love them all!

Great targets and no queues whilst shooting well done Steve and Allison and the refs too!

Let's hope I enjoy what tomorrow holds for me as much.
How did get on jason. Good targets.

How did get on jason. Good targets.
Had a nightmare on the stand with the R to L satandard then midi and not so great on stand 16 but all in all happy with my result 115. As I mentioned loving the special stands, those who are still to shoot will have to wait and see.

Had a nightmare on the stand with the R to L satandard then midi and not so great on stand 16 but all in all happy with my result 115. As I mentioned loving the special stands, those who are still to shoot will have to wait and see.
Well shot Jason good score there I would think that has to in the running for C class honours

That is some shooting mate...bloody well done really pleased for you as you been working hard and its showing in your shooting.good lad...

Back