Gil & Vicki

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :laugh:

Funniest quote of the day.......(but dont let IPS or Les see it)

I will send you the cleaning bill for the coffee down my blouse...if you send me your address.
too late

I am in....on the sporting side....just saying :wink:

Be afraid ! Be very afraid!

I have witnessed Kevin Gill winning at Sporting at Shugborough, and I think since that win he has teamed up with a Sporter from Hampshire who has shot a bit of Trap in his time as well !

Right back on track to the original thread.

I think rather than spend money and time on ' The Talent Code ' and Gil & Vicki's clinic your money would be better spent having a lesson with a British Coach.

Be afraid ! Be very afraid!

I have witnessed Kevin Gill winning at Sporting at Shugborough, and I think since that win he has teamed up with a Sporter from Hampshire who has shot a bit of Trap in his time as well !

Right back on track to the original thread.

I think rather than spend money and time on ' The Talent Code ' and Gil & Vicki's clinic your money would be better spent having a lesson with a British Coach.
Ok.....dying to know which one.Can I ask for a recommendation from you of a coach to suit my needs please Salop.

I shoot 'at' sporting and 'at' OT and love to shoot Helice.

I would like to get better at all three so who would you recommend?

Last edited:
Nicola,

If you are being serious? 

I would think that Richard Faulds is convenient to you and he certainly has more than enough experience to improve you overall.

With regard to the Trap disciplines, Fred (40UP) is a wonderful source of improvement, although he would possibly protest that he is not a coach, he certainly is a font of knowledge, has an eye for detail and is obsessive on continuous improvement.

Someone else who could possibly improve your ability in all of the disciplines you personally mentioned and profess to shoot 'at' would be Graham Evans.

But maybe you have inadvertently highlighted a basic flaw in your ability ?

Do not shoot 'at' targets, place your shot pattern into the path of the departing clay. You do have far more time on a target than you think.  

Nicola,

If you are being serious? 

I would think that Richard Faulds is convenient to you and he certainly has more than enough experience to improve you overall.

With regard to the Trap disciplines, Fred (40UP) is a wonderful source of improvement, although he would possibly protest that he is not a coach, he certainly is a font of knowledge, has an eye for detail and is obsessive on continuous improvement.

Someone else who could possibly improve your ability in all of the disciplines you personally mentioned and profess to shoot 'at' would be Graham Evans.

But maybe you have inadvertently highlighted a basic flaw in your ability ?

Do not shoot 'at' targets, place your shot pattern into the path of the departing clay. You do have far more time on a target than you think.  
Booking lessons as we speak.

Graham is lovely and i remember when he joined the team.

Lessons ! Bah.

All you need is half a dozen or so well meaning folk stood behind you who are willing to give you half a dozen or so conflicting opinions.

On a serious note, i prefer someone experienced but not a coach, someone who knows my style and the reason for it, someone who will offer advice but not try to change it into how they want me to do it.

Only 40up and about 3 others i would trust. I would not risk a coach but i am an awkward sod so i am sure coaches are great for most.

I do try and help beginners, as much as I can. And often get asked for help from more seasoned shooters!! But that does not make me a coach, it is just advice I have acquired myself. So try to pass on to help others!! Personally I tell those that have more drive to improve to see a coach, who knows how to pass the message across properly!!

I do try and help beginners, as much as I can. And often get asked for help from more seasoned shooters!! But that does not make me a coach, it is just advice I have acquired myself. So try to pass on to help others!! Personally I tell those that have more drive to improve to see a coach, who knows how to pass the message across properly!!
Macc Ladd is my personal cheerleader :)

Remember, most people think that hydrogen and helium are the most abundant elements in the universe. This is not necessarily correct, its free advice at a gun club. All well intentioned, but not always correct.

Macc has always been really kind and encouraging about my shooting too...he is a sweetheart beneath that tough man exterior....

Macc has always been really kind and encouraging about my shooting too...he is a sweetheart beneath that tough man exterior....
. Jen don't let on I've got a soft side!!!! " I used to do a lot of cage fighting". Beat the sh*t out of a budgie once!!

Back