GB shotgun shells

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried just a few 7.5s and was impressed. Got some more to pattern including 8's and then will try at a shoot. Seem the best thing I've seen at that money by far. (A bit early to say.. Will offer humble opinions soon..)

We had great feedback - for a cheaper cartridge they are well liked.

The only reason that we stopped stocking them was because the stock availability was not always brilliant. Nothing to do with value for money.

Keep us posted Clever as to your thoughts when you have patterned them.

We had great feedback - for a cheaper cartridge they are well liked.

The only reason that we stopped stocking them was because the stock availability was not always brilliant. Nothing to do with value for money.

Keep us posted Clever as to your thoughts when you have patterned them.
Hi,

Please see where I got to previously..

Tried just a few 7.5s and was impressed. Got some more to pattern including 8's and then will try at a shoot. Seem the best thing I've seen at that money by far. (A bit early to say.. Will offer humble opinions soon..)
Lost track here, are you on about Rios or GBs??

With regard to GBs, mate of mine who regularly travels to NI to visit family shot them whilst there and was impressed enough to bring a few thousand back.  A mixture of clay loads both plastic & fibre and some pigeon loads.  I shot some of the plastic clay loads and was impressed, appeared to be hard hitting and reasonably smooth.  This was about 3 years ago and I can't remember the price per thousand but it was very definitely at the budget end of the scale. 

Would have thought there was a business opportunity here for someone if they can be sourced at the right price.

Mr Potter

But how does it make sense to undercut your British outlet? Surely it would be wiser to load them in Birmingham and avoid import tax and transport?

With regard to GBs, mate of mine who regularly travels to NI to visit family shot them whilst there and was impressed enough to bring a few thousand back.  A mixture of clay loads both plastic & fibre and some pigeon loads.  I shot some of the plastic clay loads and was impressed, appeared to be hard hitting and reasonably smooth.  This was about 3 years ago and I can't remember the price per thousand but it was very definitely at the budget end of the scale. 

Would have thought there was a business opportunity here for someone if they can be sourced at the right price.

Mr Potter
Thanks Mr Potter, GB's were my original thought, I cannot get the hold of Rio's in Northern Ireland, your thoughts on the GB's are very much as my own, but I appreciate the feedback on comparisons. Gordon Newell who owns and operates Hollow Farm shooting grounds Co Down brings them in so no doubt your mate has visited there while he was in the area. I'd be interested in knowing how your mate judges them against Ely Olympics.

Mr Potter
I'm on the case.

webber

Just an update.

CCI do not import the GBs, they do RIO.

Does any one have a lead for the company who is importing GBs into Eire / N. Ireland?

webber

What are cartridge prices in Northern Ireland ?
Does any one have a lead for the company who is importing GBs into Eire / N. Ireland?

Just to answer both questions I can get a slab (250) GB's or Diana's (both very similar in every way) for about £40-£45 for the 28G plaswads some places more of course, many of the RFD's here are struggling and I personally don't mind supporting them even when they aren't necessarily the cheapest. I also know many of the lads and lassies in England, Scotland or Wales won't be familiar with these brands, they do tend to dominate here in NI along with the ubiquitous Eley Olympics, on the other hand I cannot get to try many of the alternatives often mentioned here because they are not normally stocked in NI which may be the reason our RFD's can be so competitive if indeed they are as they don't carry a lot of different brands nor lines. The fiscal situation is also dire here at the moment with many lads hanging up the shooting gear, the market is definitely shrinking.

The big players here are Donal McCloy of 'Guns Unlimited' of Toombridge who wholesales and retails the Diana (Saga) range (do you have to be over 50 to use them? Not sure about that :) and Gordon Newell of Hollow Farm shooting ground of Ballygowan who wholesales and retails GB's Both these people are decent lads who do a lot to keep us shooting freaks happy we'd be much impoverished without them.

Look's like Rio , Maxam , Vinci , Saga , GB , Melior and Eley Hawk are all under the same umbarella , Maxam.

It would be nice to know if any of the different brand's share the same recipe.

Of the Maxam products I have tried GB's,Dianas and Ely Olympics, all very similar with GB's having the edge but at my standard of shooting that means little. GB's seem to have a better downrange performance, punchy but don't punish me. Saying that I am not recoil sensitive.

Back