Guns n' Ammo in the states

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docterduck

I got this from one of my shooting instructor friends and I thought you blokes would find it interesting...

INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.
Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols.  They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
SpringfieldArmory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up.

Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:
They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell.
Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone.  So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone.
This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned.
This is a society preparing for war.

Oh it is true...I had a friend call me from the Orange County gun show and he said people were lined up since 2am...2000 people sitll in line at 9:30am and it was packed on the inside.  Had another tell me about a gun show in Bakersfield and folks were coming out of it with shopping carts filled with ammo.  Happening across America.  Places like Wal Mart the shelves are bare!  Demand is driving prices through the roof.  Stock prices of the mfgs are at all time highs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey. Although i would have to say it's folk buying while they can rather than planning a war.

That's just some round robin thing fannying around on the internet. Groogle it, it's all over the place.

It's just the anti gun control boys stoking the fire.

I'm really not surprised and I support anyone who seeks to prevent an ever more intrusive government from interfering in people's lives.

The Bill of Rights and Constitution were created to justify and underpin a revolution which was not so much won by the government or the the government's army as by the civilian militias. The freedom to bear arms is as much a part of American culture as the Royal Family is of ours and many of the people queuing to buy guns have never previously owned them.

The government is there to serve the people not the other way round and increasing numbers of Americans are realising that they may be called on to prove it.

There is a price to pay for a well armed populace in terms of lunatics and criminals but it's still healthy for governments to fear the power of the electorate.

I'm really not surprised and I support anyone who seeks to prevent an ever more intrusive government from interfering in people's lives.

The Bill of Rights and Constitution were created to justify and underpin a revolution which was not so much won by the government or the the government's army as by the civilian militias. The freedom to bear arms is as much a part of American culture as the Royal Family is of ours and many of the people queuing to buy guns have never previously owned them.

The government is there to serve the people not the other way round and increasing numbers of Americans are realising that they may be called on to prove it.

There is a price to pay for a well armed populace in terms of lunatics and criminals but it's still healthy for governments to fear the power of the electorate.
Well said matey. x

That's just some round robin thing fannying around on the internet. Groogle it, it's all over the place.

It's just the anti gun control boys stoking the fire.
Not at all.  This is happing everywhere for real.  Plus the Homeland Security folks are stock piling ammo too!!  You have to stand in line for some guns if you can find them at all...it is crazy!!

Fearing the electorate at the ballot box is one thing - having folks stockpile assault weapons is quite another. The Genie has ben out of the bottle for a very long time in the US and there is no chance of getting it back in. Far too many on the streets and not matter what they do to 'control' these weapons the reality is that they will be around for decades and more. 

It is as much a political problem as one of violence. Take Washington - Huge wealth and privilege just yards away from some of the most deprived people in the nation... crime/violence  is a real daily risk for these people, but across the road in Georgetown the world is very different.  In the states the issues are about the divides... Between rich and poor, ethnic issues and intolerance between what I'll glibly call Republican and Democrats.  The politics of hate persists with entrenched views formed over decades drawing the battle lines on so much.     

As a previous poster has said, don't fall for it. This internet scam has come from anti gun groups trying to heighten fear of firearms in anticipation of important congress votes.

The NRA were discussing this a couple of weeks ago. This is a public forum. Please don't give the antis ammunition to beat us with (if you'll pardon the pun!).

I know it is different here in the UK, but if our government looked seriously twitchy about us holding shotguns for sport, i can say that i would definitely buy several models that i have had my eye on for ages.

When the pistol ban took effect in 1997 compensation was paid for the guns that had to be turned in for destruction.

I believe that they said that this would not happen again.

When the legal free pistols and long barreled revolvers started to get purchased they were issued with letters stating that no compensation would be paid if they were banned in the future as of course you have to get a permit to acquire before actally buying which was when you got the letter warning of no future compensation.

However a precedent has been set so there will no doubt be an argument about compensation.

No doubt some will merely ship their guns abroad to be kept by an overseas friend for use abroad or on the Isle of Man for example.

Something bought won't be worth what you paid for it in most cases so some care will need to be taken, if God forbid, a ban ever comes.

As a previous poster has said, don't fall for it. This internet scam has come from anti gun groups trying to heighten fear of firearms in anticipation of important congress votes.

The NRA were discussing this a couple of weeks ago. This is a public forum. Please don't give the antis ammunition to beat us with (if you'll pardon the pun!).

Believe what you wish,,,just a few more stories...

It’s difficult to get inventory," Texan gun seller Liss added, speaking on the phone from the Shot Show, an annual gun show in Las Vegas. "Manufacturers won’t be able to ship out until 2015."

Sales have been off the charts, and it has been that way at every gun store," Brandy Liss, the owner of the Arms Room in League City, Texas, said. "We have no inventory left." The store normally displays between 30 and 40 different kinds of 9 mm pistols, but by last Monday her supply of that size gun had dwindled to one, Liss said.

Other gun stores contacted by The Huffington Post on Wednesday repeated the same thing: They were swamped with customers as gun enthusiasts continue to stock up on weapons and ammunition. Some stores used their websites and answering machines to make out-of-stock announcements. "It’s just a zoo in here," said Henry Parro, the owner of Parro’s Gun Shop in Waterbury, Vt., on Wednesday afternoon.

In order to provide the best information possible on the issue of ammunition availability, NSSF interviewed ammunition manufacturers across the United States. Here's what we have learned:

Is there truly a shortage of ammunition?

The shortage of ammunition is real and is caused by several factors including:

A significant spike in consumer demand

Law Enforcement demand for training and readiness

Department of Defense demand for training and readiness

Higher prices from commodities

I know it is different here in the UK, but if our government looked seriously twitchy about us holding shotguns for sport, i can say that i would definitely buy several models that i have had my eye on for ages.
When I posted this it was nothing to do with 'compensation'....(tut tut) it was to do with buying and shooting guns on my bucket list. Of course if there was a full ban I would just move them all abroad and hope that Spain is still shooting because that is where I have a home.

Typical circle the wagons response by the frothing right.  The political reality has already been admitted to by one and all and this is that nothing meaningful in any regard will come of the "outrage" on both sides.

The unfortunate aspect is always that rational debate is non-existent.  The con people scream about children dying, not bothering to notice how many die in many ways every day, and the pro people rabbit on about meaningless sh*t, classic preaching to the choir drivel, and never make any attempt to actually engage the public.

Politicians are far more fearful of the ballot box than the guns and tailor their life to ensuring re-election.  So ---------  look like whatever the constituency wants you to look like and vote for nothing that would trigger (haha he said trigger) a concerted opposition.

Personally I find the actions of both sides totally repellent and equally mindless.  And, of course, neither is likely to change.  Makes me glad to be old.

JMO of course, but nothing will change

have a day

Charlie 

Back