Garlands 3rd march

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Mclean

I shot at Garlands for the first time today!

Had a good start and then a wobbly middle and got it back for the end, in general did well for me but disappointed I missed a few silly ones! Nothing new there. :)

It seemed really busy there and was even better with some sunshine?

What did the rest of you think?

I thought it was a very good shoot. Interesting and reasonably testing targets, including some good battues and loopers.

I missed some stupid stuff too and ended on 80. Could have been worse I suppose, but could easily have been better.

My only gripe was that there were quite a few no birds, coming out of the traps broken. I think we had no birds on the first 5 stands we shot, then a few more later. Then I had a particularly bad run of them in the White Gold shoot, where I scraped a 15/20.

Another very enjoyable day out. Nice to shoot some good targets on a good layout.

I'll be trying to get to Westfield next Sunday for Steve's 120 birder, though it's looking like I might be a Billy-No-Mates as most of my mob are elsewhere or not shooting. Gimps.... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
at last the weather was on the right side for us  today at garlands, a good set up by steve shot my best score there today 89.

Had a good day at Garlands....

Did take a long time with no birds in my squad.

69 scored Definitly left a few out there.

Shot better on the White Gold Challenge 16/20 made the final but had to leave to get New Shootclay member back to his poorly daughter who was rushed to hospital.

Hope she gets well soon Simon.

Was 9 away after 3 stands dummy was spat and toys were all over the floor, carried on and shot quite well finishing with 85. Another good set of targets from Steve and plenty of people there enjoying them. Turned out to be a cracking but long day

Wish this was nearer. I do like Steves shoots. Firm targets but visible and time enough etc. Did two shoots today which reminded how good Weston and Westfield are..

As long as there is no more than 100 targets though Will :haha:  (from another thread)

Hey, 120 of Steves beats 100 of most others. It's just like having four scoops of ice cream on your apple pie. No need, I'm full after two..

hi will i gather i will not be seeing you next sunday then for the 120 . if it is working out the averages thats a problem i can provide a calculator or flow chart at the end :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

brilliant day up at garlands today will put scores and details up tomo as only just got back ,white gold gathering momentum now with a queue on it most of day  the two finalists through today are lee whiting in gold and rob bailey in silver well done chaps

steve

hi will i gather i will not be seeing you next sunday then for the 120 . if it is working out the averages thats a problem i can provide a calculator or flow chart at the end :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

brilliant day up at garlands today will put scores and details up tomo as only just got back ,white gold gathering momentum now with a queue on it most of day  the two finalists through today are lee whiting in gold and rob bailey in silver well done chaps

steve

steve
Hi Steve,

My point is that there is zero extra appeal with a 120 for me. I would view it as normal, in as much as seeing what is the best shoot on today, balanced against travel time extremes. You have to put on what works for you financially. I remember when Hornet did 120 for same price as 100 but it did nothing for them. When I shoot 120, I don't even notice that I have shot another 20. It just takes longer, costs more and I have to think '96 = 80'.

Hey everybody, being an honest mis git here. Work with me.. :)

Latest posts

Back