Gamebore Blue Diamond

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an entertaining thread doing the rounds on PW that's got a few knickers in a twist, a good many fibre shells have a cheeky little plastic obturators in them it seems.

I've used plastic and fibre, and to be quite honest can't see any difference in the kills! Some shoots are fibre only in my area, so going all fibre. I was wondering if polished shot makes any difference.

Sounds interesting, but what's an obturator and possibly which brands or cartridges?
An obturator is a small plastic disc that sits between the shot and the powder and is said to seal the gases better as the shot goes up the barrel.

Blue diamond , do not have these discs, they are very good in fibre or plastic, as IMHO are all of the gamebore range.

Beware the fibres with the discs in, many fibre only grounds don't allow them

Hope this helps

True but what if the manufacturer forgets to put this information on their boxes ?
They do hamster, they do, a couple of years ago our fibre only club bought 10,000 Winchesters, ( can't remember the actual name, but they came in a bright orange case) it was only after a while that we heard a rumour that there was a plastic disc in them, they are not at all easy to spot in the air, even when aware, and you stand behind the shooter looking for it.

I believe there were a lot of complaints to the manufacturer and they were withdrawn from the market, though I have to say they were a very good cartridge and patterned and killed really well. Wether that was to do with the disc, I really don't know.

I ended up using my 500 at the local straw bale Dtls where plastic was allowed

I don't shoot fibre but all I'm saying is that the thread on PW seems to have woken a few people up who didn't realise they were chucking plastic discs up in the air because neither the retailer nor the boxes told them !

I don't shoot fibre but all I'm saying is that the thread on PW seems to have woken a few people up who didn't realise they were chucking plastic discs up in the air because neither the retailer nor the boxes told them !
I noticed this on Sunday at a club shoot.

Lots of little bits of dimpled plastic all over the place, about the thickness of a Tesco carrier bag, but much stronger.

The club cartridge was Lyvale english sporter fibre 28g and there were lot of people using them, but I cant be sure that's where they came from.

I had a quick look at the Lyvale website and it states their fibre carts have full biodegradable wads and card orbturator.

Used a couple of K in the 24g load,very good shell,smooth to shoot,did see a little more confetti than I do with Hull products which I normally use.

Hth

Quote   " I had a quick look at the Lyvale website and it states their fibre carts have full biodegradable wads and card orbturator."

I contacted a company that is a bad debt yesterday, quote " Your cheque is in the post."

Quote   " I had a quick look at the Lyvale website and it states their fibre carts have full biodegradable wads and card orbturator."

I contacted a company that is a bad debt yesterday, quote " Your cheque is in the post."
Ah. but perhaps the little plastic disc is biodegradable. It just takes 1,000 years.

Thanks for all your comments, bought some Blue Diamond fibre for 2moz, have to say they look very sexy! Hope the perform as good as they look. Will post my findings.

Thanks for all your comments, bought some Blue Diamond fibre for 2moz, have to say they look very sexy! Hope the perform as good as they look. Will post my findings.
I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed , will be keeping an eye out for your report

Last edited by a moderator:
Back