Front Bead.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Baker

Help my front bead has fallen off.

What do I stick it back on with please?

I shot with out it and everything was fine bar Rabbits!!

Missed em all.

Shooting the Essex next week so I need it back on safe and sound.

Jem 0911

Has it fallen off, or snapped off. Has it left a hole on the front edge of the rib, do you still have it?

Hole there

Bead complete with insert.

Looks like it was glued in before which is fine but which glue metal to metal?

889AB546-9E7B-42D9-8744-557774B695D5-11045-0000050CFDD1DF99.jpg

1C01BD32-DA3D-4A74-93CA-BB790C570209-11045-0000050CFBA0497B.jpg

Front beads normally screw in but yours looks like the thread is knackered.

It's probably been glued in before so glue it back in.

Use superglue and put the glue on the bead,just a light smear,you don't want it oozing out all over the rib. If you try to put it down the hole you may spill some on the gun.

Make sure the bead is correctly aligned and then leave the gun in a warm place for the glue to set.

Vic.

Blow on it then toss it over ya left shoulder and make a wish :lol: theres not that many rabbits around...

Blow on it then toss it over ya left shoulder and make a wish :lol: theres not that many rabbits around...
Very tempting Fuz. Shot the Game Fair at Kelmarsh and the taller birds with big gaps got what they deserved.

Just the closer wabbits, wasn't even close.

Lighter fluid? For a minute this Itlalian barrell shooter thought you were considering ending the life of that Miroooook!

Careful it doesn't glue the choke in mate- the hole will go right through. No problem until you try and sell it!

The God's are trying to tell you something..."Let the Force be with You Jem...You don't need the Bloody Thing"!!

The God's are trying to tell you something..."Let the Force be with You Jem...You don't need the Bloody Thing"!!
I'm sure you're right but days before The Essex masters isn't the best time to be changing things. I like things the same. I haven't got time to practice without it as I have the kids this weekend so need it the same.

You can use loctite 638, it is an industrial strength thread locker it doesn't set straight away . I use 638 in my line of work and would not recommend it for choke's (post about muller chokes) . As I say it is industrial , once it sets it is set. Use it in chokes at your own peril cus they ain't coming out ever if you do.

You can use loctite 638, it is an industrial strength thread locker it doesn't set straight away . I use 638 in my line of work and would not recommend it for choke's (post about muller chokes) . As I say it is industrial , once it sets it is set. Use it in chokes at your own peril cus they ain't coming out ever if you do.
286 is the sensible stuff. Sticks it but can be loosened. Don't quote me, I have been to the pub..

Latest posts

Back