First gun for a beginner

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noted! Purely out of curiosity why is that? Poor resale value? Poor build quality? Bad fit? Inaccuracy?
Built to sell for £800 basically; compared to a used Beretta for the same(ish) money, that was built by a company who have the economies of scale to be able to build a better gun for any price...but was built to sell for £1300.

Fit is something that you may need to make some adjustments to, if you can get a gun with an adjustable comb, your pretty sorted there.

Noted! Purely out of curiosity why is that? Poor resale value? Poor build quality? Bad fit? Inaccuracy?
Ill be honest mostly status quo and snobbery. Fit and accuracy are down to the shooter. Reliability and resale are what differentiates them all guns are cnc made, some are finished by hand but cost of materials and labour are a big factors in cost (that and marketing spend/profit)

Do you drive a Kia?

I will go with what most others have said, stick to a used Beretta or Miroku. They are built well and will last almost forever if looked after properly. Re sale values are good with these makes too! 

I worked at tvr factory a few times many years ago. Cottage industry springs to mind but some models very cool looking.

Well I have done a nut and bolt rebuild of the car from the ground up. I had always wanted a kit car - I just didn't realise I would have to turn it into a kit first! 

Is there a gun that is held together with cable ties and SikaFlex sealant? (and goes like stink!) I would be right at home with that...

Yes there is such a thing tis called a kriegof

English cottage industry overpriced and unreliable
(Bailed out by German money)

You'll want a boss single trigger ejector!

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the perceived reputation for unreliability, in 7 years of ownership it has only broken down once and that was due to me snapping a driveshaft on track. :)

I used to have a chimera. Loved it!

Electrics were bad though. And the chassis outriggers had the dreaded tin worm!

At least the old rover v8 self lubricated it's sump anyway! ;-)

One day, I will have one again... :)

Quote "Is there a gun that is held together with cable ties and SikaFlex sealant? (and goes like stink!) I would be right at home with that..."

What about pop rivets and plastic padding - are they not in vogue any more?

By the way I did the same to the Mini I bought for my wife for her first car many years ago!

Pop rivets? On a Cerbera? They. Only used Sikaflex when there weren't any more cable ties in the parts bin!

If you're certain you could never shoot R/H, then just go and buy a used L/Handed 30", Multi Choke sporter made by Beretta/Miroku or Browning.  Like the one in my earlier post :biggrin:  

If you're certain you could never shoot R/H, then just go and buy a used L/Handed 30", Multi Choke sporter made by Beretta/Miroku or Browning.  Like the one in my earlier post :biggrin:
Find a tidy one under a grand buy it................  but life will much easier right handed.....

Yes quite right it is the law pictures man and full report of purchase ... or else.

I only applied for my SGC a couple of weeks ago so I reckon I have a bit of a wait yet! I don't know what Kent Constabulary processing times are like at the moment but I havn't heard anything back from them at all yet.

Latest posts

Back