Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that Webber........'The Fiocchi Difference'......!

'That'.......is exactly what it is.

Abroad they call it 'the winners cartridge'.

In the UK lots of people have been changing to Fiocchi after seriously trying them......but like all things they do not suit everyone......but they do suit winners.

:smile:

I must admit Fiocchi is all I buy now, started off because of price, but even the cheap Top 1 will knock out a good score at anything, and as usual the misses weren't anything to do with the shell.

See post 118, with photo of the blu and black wads

Edit : jump straight to it here :

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get things into perspective i dont think anyone has said there not a good cartridge, far from it. We just want to know what the difference between the two is. My research concludes to me anyway that black has better powder and thats were the ten quid comes from. I like them both but will stick with the black for now. No denying that as Mr clever stated many posts ago they both pattern tight maybe a bit too tight for some shooters and some guns.

The end.

Well see.......the F Range as I said many times before...was brought in as a technically great competition load at a cheaper price than Official or Golden range.....so that said.....serious competition means.....not relying on chips due to wide patterns. It is for people who know how and where to put the shot .....

All competition shooters want it to 'hit hard'.

I want to hit hard Nic, however we all like a bit of room for error and my experience so far is that these are not as forgiving as some loads such as Eley VIP. Great kills though and certainly make you try hard knowing the pattern is so tight. :)

Now as so many on here are asking what the difference is between the F-Blu and the F-Black and why it is more money.

The F-Black uses a slightly more expensive 'Progressive powder'. I am not going to explain further because we are getting into the realms of 'trade secrets' as to how it works. The F-Blu is a slightly cheaper powder but is still better than competitors. Hence I giggle when someone says that Blacks are punchier than Blus....... :smile:

Nope....they are not...fact.......!

But as perception of recoil is personal then.........I leave you to believe what you all want.....I can only give you facts. Xx

I want to hit hard Nic, however we all like a bit of room for error and my experience so far is that these are not as forgiving as some loads such as Eley VIP. Great kills though and certainly make you try hard knowing the pattern is so tight. :)
Just to reiterate what I found, through my gun; its an overly tight centre pattern and an uneven outer pattern. THAT was what I felt was what made them less than perfect for sporting. (I would imagine that you also want an even pattern for trap, but I speculate as I dont profess to know well..) So, ball of soot or odd kill, depending on your accuracy. Please lets (anybody) not get into another heated debate; I merely wanted to say that `tight pattern` is not the whole description..

I want to hit hard Nic, however we all like a bit of room for error and my experience so far is that these are not as forgiving as some loads such as Eley VIP. Great kills though and certainly make you try hard knowing the pattern is so tight. :)
Yes fantastic kills if you put it in the right place. I am from a discipline where 'chips' do not count.....so only interested in centering......but not as easy as it sounds.

As for English cartridges......I never touch them.

And peeps.....technical testing is done by experts in lab conditions ...!

It is ok to ping at a pattern plate to see if you are high low etc.....but you cannot factually distinguish pattern and flyers....how ever you can spend hours talking about pretty pictures and gaps....that do not mean anything in the real world.

........true story....!!

(hope nobody cries at this news).

I do not go off pattern plates particularily, as I consider that I can tell a good pattern / tight pattern / forgiving pattern just by shooting them.

For the record I am and never have said that they are anything but good I just concur with "clever" that they are tight.

I said from the begining that I consider the blacks to be sweeter and slightly better to shoot (for whatever reason) than the very good Blu's. And lets face it at about £40 per thou cheaper than VIP.s we can probably live with a tight pattern :)

I do not go off pattern plates particularily, as I consider that I can tell a good pattern / tight pattern / forgiving pattern just by shooting them.

For the record I am and never have said that they are anything but good I just concur with "clever" that they are tight.

I said from the begining that I consider the blacks to be sweeter and slightly better to shoot (for whatever reason) than the very good Blu's. And lets face it at about £40 per thou cheaper than VIP.s we can probably live with a tight pattern :)
Ian ...I am with you all the way. And you get the prize for actually knowing what you are doing...because yes....the are sweeter because the have the more expensive powder.P.s. I prefer to leave the open pattens to the skeeters......give me tight patterns every time .

Last edited:
oops

Fiocchi Blue and black are powders made by Baschieri Pellagri for fiocchi and are very similar (if not the same) to B&P 's F2 and MB powders. Modified single base propellants with around 10% nitroglycerin. They are very good and give good velocities with moderate recoil (as do all B&P powders) and usually they are loaded for 28 grams of shot and plastic wads with around 1.40 to 1.45 grams of powder with strong primers (Cheddite CX2000, Fiocchi 616 or Nobel's U688 ). I've used them for quite some time in commercial cartridges and also load my own shells with them.

Latest posts

Back