Failure to enter your card

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read all of these comments and just have to wonder why it is that there is not simply a score sheet for the squad and not individuals?  I mean, even if there are only two shooters put them on a single score sheet.

here are a variety of examples - I suspect that at least one of them could be a basis for a model.  How difficult can it be to record 5 or 6 shooters and a 100 or so targets?

https://shootpita.com/score-sheets/

or did I miss something crucial?
MrWonko the Sane, these incidents are at English Sporting shoots were entry is random (often over 4/5 hours & usually a blitz first thing) you buy your own individual card and you can shoot the stands (12 number in the main) in any order you like, at most (virtually all) English Sporting shoots you do not have to be in a group / squad & can shoot billy-no-mates if you so wish, have to say you are correct in that this type of incident does not / cannot occur in a squadded shoot.  

Hoping Ive explained in an understandable manner?

Makes the term "organized competition" something of an oxymoron, eh?   :laugh:
I like that you don't have to book in advance or shoot with a squad in English Sporting.  Gives you the flexibility to decide on the spur of the moment whether to shoot or not.

The other bonus is that you don't have to worry if you are doing anything that annoys someone else on your squad.  With trap you even have to time carefully when you chuck your empties in the bin!

I like that you don't have to book in advance or shoot with a squad in English Sporting.  Gives you the flexibility to decide on the spur of the moment whether to shoot or not.

The other bonus is that you don't have to worry if you are doing anything that annoys someone else on your squad.  With trap you even have to time carefully when you chuck your empties in the bin!
Not if you try and shoot trap with a semi auto, that really hacks them off, ejected cartridges flying all over the place! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not if you try and shoot trap with a semi auto, that really hacks them off, ejected cartridges flying all over the place! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Aye, nothing worse than an auto to your left, now that i no longer compete i am going to book on to a 100dtl comp and use my cammo pump action....just for fun 🤣

Sorry to rain on your parade Jimmy. If you believe this actually happens then you are in cuckoo land.

It should but it doesn't.

And the grounds that don't report the non return of cards are totally undermining the class system. A short sighted stance imo. 

Jasper 
Hi Jasper a funny thing happened two weeks ago I was at the herts championship I came home with my card in my shooting bag three days later I received a E:Mail from the CPSA asking were my card was and asking for a explanation for not handing in my card if you don't believe me give it a try. regards Jimmy Mc

Aye, nothing worse than an auto to your left, 🤣
WHY   ????

I ran a ground for 17 years that NEVER did Comps, registered or otherwise, ( the membership just did not want Comps. ). We used to mark the scorecards for them and hand them the card at the end of their 25, at whatever discipline they were shooting. I still got those who would argue that they had 'chipped' that one and NOT missed it  !  I simply used to give them a blank scorecard and a pen and tell em to "fill in their own then ".  I gave up Comps many years ago, for most of the above listed reasons,  plus the small Game Fair shoots,  where people 'bought' their trophy by re entering time and again, never moving from the clay ranges all day.    :no:

WHY   ????

I ran a ground for 17 years that NEVER did Comps, registered or otherwise, ( the membership just did not want Comps. ). We used to mark the scorecards for them and hand them the card at the end of their 25, at whatever discipline they were shooting. I still got those who would argue that they had 'chipped' that one and NOT missed it  !  I simply used to give them a blank scorecard and a pen and tell em to "fill in their own then ".  I gave up Comps many years ago, for most of the above listed reasons,  plus the small Game Fair shoots,  where people 'bought' their trophy by re entering time and again, never moving from the clay ranges all day.    :no:
Because cartridges pinging at your feet puts you off your shot  maybe sporting shooters are used to various distractions but as you know trap is a very different game. The excuse for using autos used to be recoil however imo thisbis no longer true as we now shoot lighter loads than we did in the olden days plus imo catridges are smoother these days anyway. Matters not to me as i no longer compete bit i would still vote for a ban on autos in comp for trap

If considerations such as those are pre-eminent and the competitions are conducted in as haphazard manner as you all describe then I find little sympathy for the problems you entail as they are totally of your own making.  If an organized competition is in fact not desired to be organized at all then putting blame on the grounds or the sanctioning body is nothing less than absurd.  If you don't want a fair and properly documented system then quit whining about not having one and it's consequences

Last edited by a moderator:
If considerations such as those are pre-eminent and the competitions are conducted in as haphazard manner as you all describe then I find little sympathy for the problems you entail as they are totally of your own making.  If an organized competition is in fact not desired to be organized at all then putting blame on the grounds or the sanctioning body is nothing less than absurd.  If you don't want a fair and properly documented system then quit whining about not having one and it's consequences
To use an Americanism - Whatever.

A well known situation in the US is that everyone is a victim wholly without responsibility for what befalls them.  Good to know that the affliction is more widespread than just here 

Back