Eye floaters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

Iv had eyes floaters as long as I can remember, but lately in my right eye there seems to be a clump of them and it's very hard not to notice, any research iv done seem to state there is damn all can be done about them, but the brain over times blanks them out there still there but you won't see them, looking in to a blank skyline there very noticeable for me and do effect my shooting, just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if over time they faded,

My floaters showed up as a side note to a posterior vitreous separation.  I have a really nice jellyfish thing just to the right of center so it doesn't really get in the way - much - and a buncha little dots.  Fortunately the retina did not tear.  As for the floaters - grin and bear it.    Eye fixing stuff grows by great leaps tho so you may have it fixed eventually.  Pretty risky biz right now tho.

Moving this to Sports Vision - Ed is your man for sure. 

Morning!

Floaters in the vitreous of the eye are not uncommon at all and occur as our eyes get older, they are perhaps develop more frequently in short-sighted people (i have over 30 tiny ones per eye) and recoil can induce some disturbances.

There is a particularly complicated procedure called a Vitrectomy, where the entire vitreous is removed, and this can eliminate the floaters although it does come with some potentially sight threatening risks and secondary cataract is almost inevitable.

I would strongly advise that you have them assessed as the floaters have changed in the right eye - as Wonko says, there can be an association between this and potential retinal tears, and even detachment.

I'd say 90% of "new" floaters occur without any retinal involvement, but you never want to be in the 10%.

PM me if you need any other info.

Ed

Iv had eyes floaters as long as I can remember, but lately in my right eye there seems to be a clump of them and it's very hard not to notice, any research iv done seem to state there is damn all can be done about them, but the brain over times blanks them out there still there but you won't see them, looking in to a blank skyline there very noticeable for me and do effect my shooting, just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if over time they faded,
Me too....and they are very annoying when concentrating on the shot. Noticed them coming when I passed 50......doh...!!

Thanks for the replies, some days I don't see them at all and other days there a nightmare, even when reading like moving blind spots on the page, have them years but they where transparent now they seem larger and darker, ED is there any truth in that they can fade with time.

I knew it , bloody age related , one more thing to add to the , " why I hate getting old list "     my list  = blind bald  fat  + a host of medical ailments  ,  you young uns out there don't subscribe  to  getting old club  ,  its horrid .

I see them most when using a computer rather frustratingly, as that's most of the day!

Latest posts

Back