Essevierre stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think photographs can be misleading with the angles they're taken at. Lainy's been to one of the best stockers and I doubt they've made a faux pas. Proof of the pudding is in the shooting of the new stock, once she's got the feel of it I'm sure she'll be very happy with it.

I don't know whether she reads the threads on this forum but negative posts won't do anything for her confidence if she does.
Like I said previously I think Valeriano has a little more clue about stock fitting than me, and anyone else on here. When he says it's right its right.

As Ed said; subjective.

She'll never be able to shoot like that, right??  ;)

kim-rhode.jpg

As Ed said; subjective.

She'll never be able to shoot like that, right??  ;)

kim-rhode.jpg
Yeah! She must be really rubbish.

I bet she couldn't even hit a Skeet target like that!!!!    :fie:

(Disclaimer - for those that think I don't know who she is.........................I do!)  :biggrin:

Yep subjective :hunter:

Ohh, by the way I’m really jealous of it, want one :nyam:

post-1838-0-77049000-1419417306.jpg

Attachments

• trick.jpg
    trick.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I think photographs can be misleading with the angles they're taken at. Lainy's been to one of the best stockers and I doubt they've made a faux pas. Proof of the pudding is in the shooting of the new stock, once she's got the feel of it I'm sure she'll be very happy with it.

I don't know whether she reads the threads on this forum but negative posts won't do anything for her confidence if she does.
Very possibly Phil re angle of photo.

Re - last sentence, yes but post a pic or make a statement on a forum and it's up for debate so only do so if your willing to read others opinions. Of course one does not need to accept others opinions.

Anyway I hope it proves successful as I am sure it will as op says pro stock fitter will know more than me and many others about correct length etc.

As Ed said; subjective.

She'll never be able to shoot like that, right?? ;)

kim-rhode.jpg
So for arguments sake if we assume that from the couple of pics of lady shooters both with stocks having been fitted and obviously longer than most mens stocks is there a reason ? Is it the obvious difference in shape around the chest area perhaps ?

Serious question and not one meant to provoke.

So for arguments sake if we assume that from the couple of pics of lady shooters both with stocks having been fitted and obviously longer than most mens stocks is there a reason ? Is it the obvious difference in shape around the chest area perhaps ?

I guess it would be feasible, given a more sideways stance perhaps.

More generally, I think that "meandering" around the chesty bits, is achieved with pitch and toe adjustments.

In Kim's case, she probably just started shooting with full length guns and got used to it, so why change?  I imagine it will have been tweaked for best fit, but clearly, her talent is not based on gun fit :)

I think you will find that sporting shooters, tend not to have short "nose/thumb" dimensions, whereas I totally understand the idea with Trap...but again, there are always variations in that too.

You mean shorter don't you?!?!

Keep in mind that (most) ladies have a head/face that is much smaller in dimensions than even the 'average' man...that just might be where you are getting a fasle prespective of stock dimensions in the pictures!!!

No I mean longer. The two pics seem to show the face quite far back on the comb now from a trap perspective for a man this would never be considered correct. As I say I don't know if sporting set up is different or if there is a physical reason a woman's stock would be different ?

I guess it would be feasible, given a more sideways stance perhaps.

More generally, I think that "meandering" around the chesty bits, is achieved with pitch and toe adjustments.

In Kim's case, she probably just started shooting with full length guns and got used to it, so why change? I imagine it will have been tweaked for best fit, but clearly, her talent is not based on gun fit :)

I think you will find that sporting shooters, tend not to have short "nose/thumb" dimensions, whereas I totally understand the idea with Trap...but again, there are always variations in that too.
Thank you skeet

Keep in mind that (most) ladies have a head/face that is much smaller in dimensions than even the 'average' man...that just might be where you are getting a fasle prespective of stock dimensions in the pictures!!!
Thank you James you may be correct there.

True but Surely on that basis the face would be even further fwd on the comb ?

I'm sure that last time I looked, and I don't look very often in case my wife spots me, but Women come in all sorts of shapes and sizes (Except Wags of course who are all the same pattern?).   :biggrin:

Length of arms,  is another factor to consider.

As some of you know i'm a more barrel shaped Adonis,  :santaclaus:   than some 6ft rippling bronzed wannabe.

So for me right from the word go, i knew i would need a more petite set up.

My left hand holds the fore end closer to the action,  (as i have been told is the cause of me missing by some  trap side coach  

hahah,) but my cheek is well down on the stock. 

However if i want to be picky, i  could do with say 1/2 inch of the  stock to bring my head forward, and allow my trigger finger to

move so its more round the trigger. it would also move my hand slightly down the fore end.

I have tried extending my left arm more to move down the fore end, but found it uncomfortable

That said, based on some of the comments from some of the more experienced on here (Ed S), i may just leave well alone

:santa: x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back