Essevierre stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Hopkins

Having given up searching for a Miroku Mk38 trap stock i have decided to look into an Essevierre stock as an alternative 

I am guessing someone here must have gone down this route so any advice would be helpful as to how i go about this.

Shaun, an Essevierre stock on a MK 'might' be a mistake, I say might be, it all depends on how much cash you want to put into a miroku, have you considered selling a kidney and getting a Krieghoff with a trap stock?

I have a Essie on my MK38 and it has an adjustable comb. You can try the stock if you want. PM me.

P.s. Not for selling just for trying. :wink:

Last edited:
Shaun

Is the Miroku stock too low then Shaun? Why not get someone to fit an adjustable comb to the Mirook stock?? Malcolm Jenkins name springs to mind.

Steve

Don't listen Shaun, I am sure that both Essie and Vera have done a few Miroku' s in their time ! 

Shaun, an Essevierre stock on a MK 'might' be a mistake, I say might be, it all depends on how much cash you want to put into a miroku, have you considered selling a kidney and getting a Krieghoff with a trap stock?
Have no idea how much one might cost Matt the gun itself is more then capable but the whole idea of the standard one size fits all must surely be inadequate. often i find myself moving hand position around the grip trying to find something remotely comfortable. and yes Steve the comb is way to low but have temporarily raised it with packing and tape not very pretty but serves a purpose.Have considered a new gun maybe a K80 but would keep the mirook either way just be nice to have that fit like a glove feel.

I have a Manuel Ricardo stock on my MK38 trap gun. His workshop is at a shooting ground near Porto, Portugal and as part of the gun fitting you use the pattern plates under his supervision and shoot clays. It's predominantly a trap ground but thd do have a Compak layout.

Stocks start at €550 for standard straight grained wood with a little figure.

There's a local hotel the 4 star Sao Felix which is 5 minutes from the shooting ground. They do a deal in conjunction with Manuel so that if you stop there with a room at discounted rate they'll pick you up from Porto airport, take you to the hotel and to and from the shooting ground whilst the stock is being made and at the end of your trip take you back to the airport.

I'm extremely happy with my stock and am in the process of trying to get an article published about my trip in the shooting press.

I have a Manuel Ricardo stock on my MK38 trap gun. His workshop is at a shooting ground near Porto, Portugal and as part of the gun fitting you use the pattern plates under his supervision and shoot clays. It's predominantly a trap ground but thd do have a Compak layout.

Stocks start at €550 for standard straight grained wood with a little figure.

There's a local hotel the 4 star Sao Felix which is 5 minutes from the shooting ground. They do a deal in conjunction with Manuel so that if you stop there with a room at discounted rate they'll pick you up from Porto airport, take you to the hotel and to and from the shooting ground whilst the stock is being made and at the end of your trip take you back to the airport.

I'm extremely happy with my stock and am in the process of trying to get an article published about my trip in the shooting press.
Sounds interesting Phil will do some research! the essevierre stocks can be turned around in one day so i am lead to believe which was an important factor due to work commitments.

Shaun, a trip to Essevierre including the stock is about a thousand euros, give or take, it would definitely fit your requirements, have you thought about having a Stock Malcolm jenkined? K80 is an option but quite expensive, if Essevierre route works you should be ble to bolt the stock on any MK

Shaun, a trip to Essevierre including the stock is about a thousand euros, give or take, it would definitely fit your requirements, have you thought about having a Stock Malcolm jenkined? K80 is an option but quite expensive, if Essevierre route works you should be ble to bolt the stock on any MK
Thanks Matt sounds very reasonable considering and feel it would be a welcome addition to any gun the K80 is high on my list behind new shooting glasses and some moulded ear plugs, New car..  Oh and another house  :spiteful:

I concur with Phil I have seen manuels work and it's as good as essviere

Sounds interesting Phil will do some research! the essevierre stocks can be turned around in one day so i am lead to believe which was an important factor due to work commitments.
A stock made in a day and you'll leave with it untried. To drive to a shooting range from Essevierre' s workshop will take at best an hour, shoot it and then drive back because it doesn't feel right add on another couple of hours. There's a world of difference in dry mounting a gun in a workshop and actually shooting it. With Manuel you get to shoot it first at a pattern plate and Manuel will make adjustments so that it shoots where you're looking then on clays afterwards and you leave his premises satisfied.I've over the years had stocks made at the Perazzi factory, Essevierre and Rivetta for my Perazzi trap gun. Now I'm shooting a Miroku and after meeting Manuel decided to go with him.

If you're unhappy with your current stock do you perhaps think for such an important purchase that it might be a better idea to allow a little extra time than try and rush it. I know a lot of trap shooters who've had stocks made on the hoof, so to speak, and have regretted not spending enough time on getting it right, first time. My old mate Malcolm Jenkins has many of these unhappy shooters beat a path to his door for remedial work to be undertaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Manuel is advertising his services on Guntrader at the moment. His website is.

www.manuelricardo.pt

Steve

I'm out to Essevierre with Lainy.

We looked at both options but she chose Italy over Portugal.

Will know the results on 21st of December.

I'm out to Essevierre with Lainy.

We looked at both options but she chose Italy over Portugal.

Will know the results on 21st of December.
Look forward to the outcome Jem have you been given a turnaround time?

This thread is amazingly interesting.

Shaun , have you had a gunfitting session? What is your particular problem or problems?

Perhaps you would be best to identify the issue before dashing off to spend a fortune on what may be nothing better.

Remember spend in haste, repent at leisure!

Malcolm Jenkins, Dennis Stepney, Simon at Doveridge, John Wiseman , Tim Greenwood can all do wonders with wood.

Ben Wells is the man to talk to for spare Miroku stocks, very reasonably priced and very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back