Essevierre stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really nice Jem. Well done! Still can't believe that is all done in a day! Remarkable.  :biggrin:

If we ever bump into each other please let me have a go, I really like the concept behind having that lip above the thump.  :)

post-359-141906154824.jpg

One happy lady.

The grip is perfect.

He has transformed the fit.

Lainys grip on the forend is half way now and not on the action as before.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419061540.227638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419061540.227638.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 0
Christmas sorted then?

Not sure your Dentist's waiting room was the best place for the first test though? Hope it wasn't too busy?    :sarcastic:

Post results and observations after a bit of use if you can.  Have fun with it Lainey. :biggrin:

Just fer grins I cut a notch like that in one of my stocks a few weeks ago looking to avoid the thumb/nose interaction.  Certainly lacks the fancy swirls of the glove stocks but functionally it makes the grade. I'll post a pic later for the aesthetically insensitive. 

Just fer grins I cut a notch like that in one of my stocks a few weeks ago looking to avoid the thumb/nose interaction.  Certainly lacks the fancy swirls of the glove stocks but functionally it makes the grade. I'll post a pic later for the aesthetically insensitive. 
Be gentle with us Wonko! Flattering angles and mood lighting might be required to stop us being shocked at your butchery skills?? Surely not performed on one of your 'P' guns?   :biggrin:

watch yer eyes

shield small children

Once I've decided that I'm thru hacking I'll refin and rechecker

post-718-0-65915200-1419284003.jpg

post-718-0-34076800-1419284067.jpg

Attachments

• dec 006.JPG
    dec 006.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dec 005.JPG
    dec 005.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 0
the lady in the photo , that gun is miles too long surely , two fingers width from nose to thumb I was advised ?
I am going to run with Essevierre as the experts on this one. It's around two inches shorter than previous.

But they have the action further back in the pistol grip.

Lainys forehand is also much further forward on the forend.

Old stock here.

post-359-141936556107.jpg

This fit was miles out in relation to eye position over the rib. This is the new stock.

Don't think it gets better than that?

post-359-14193656169.jpg

Lainy never had a problem with long fast far stuff.

Hanging rifle style targets and close slow stuff were being dropped.

This has already come good in one weekend of shooting the new fit.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419365550.083609.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419365550.083609.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419365613.798464.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419365613.798464.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Some even ensure nose touches thumb. Personally I consider optimum length is as short as possible without touching.

Ed says length is subjective but without wishing to sound harsh I am suprised to say the least that the stock pictured has been signed off by a stock fitter as correct as I would be chopping two inches off it for the lady in question. Unless of course sporting stocks are supposed to be that long, which I doubt. Funny that I have noticed over the years that very very few women shoot guns that fit.

Ian quite :- Personally I consider optimum length is as short as possible without touching.

Mrs IPS quote :- Personally I consider optimum length is as long as possible with lots of touching.

I think photographs can be misleading with the angles they're taken at. Lainy's been to one of the best stockers and I doubt they've made a faux pas. Proof of the pudding is in the shooting of the new stock, once she's got the feel of it I'm sure she'll be very happy with it.

I don't know whether she reads the threads on this forum but negative posts won't do anything for her confidence if she does.

Back