English Open week.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
incredible scores       but i really don't  like the super final  scenario       not that i would ever be involved !   🤣
If the super final takes the top shooter's from each day, to level out weather conditions then I agree with it, but this one just taking the top six overall is a waste of time and digweed should really have won it.

If the super final takes the top shooter's from each day, to level out weather conditions then I agree with it, but this one just taking the top six overall is a waste of time and digweed should really have won it.
well to be honest in my eyes digweed has won it !!     tell me another sport you have to win twice , or finish below the original winner and then have another go to win it again     ridiculous  !! 

I dont really see the problem with a super final format other than the inconvenience of people having to return on another day to compete. You know in advance though that if you finish in the top 6 you will shoot an additional 25 targets and they are added to your previous score so if you shot well in the 120 you carry that advantage into the final. I thought it was exciting for spectators to watch and to be fair George and Phil will know they gave it away but nice to see a different name win it.

well to be honest in my eyes digweed has won it !!     tell me another sport you have to win twice , or finish below the original winner and then have another go to win it again     ridiculous  !! 
Many many sports have qualifying events with finals nothing new or odd about that.

Personally i much prefer the British open format ,that invites the top end qualifiers across the different classes and cats giving a much better finals day.And being in or watching a head to head final is much more intense and adrenaline fuelled than the norm .

Many congratulations to mr batchelor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many many sports have qualifying events with finals nothing new or odd about that.

Personally i much prefer the British open format ,that invites the top end qualifiers across the different classes and cats giving a much better finals day.And being in or watching a head to head final is much more intense and adrenaline fuelled than the norm .

Many congratulations to mr batchelor.
yes people know the rules on entering ,  but i still don't agree with a super final ,  116 /120 won it in my eyes ,  scores tied then yes   👀

I dont really see the problem with a super final format other than the inconvenience of people having to return on another day to compete. You know in advance though that if you finish in the top 6 you will shoot an additional 25 targets and they are added to your previous score so if you shot well in the 120 you carry that advantage into the final. I thought it was exciting for spectators to watch and to be fair George and Phil will know they gave it away but nice to see a different name win it.
Mr B won it fair and square, under the rules everyone entered under. He has beat a quality field and won a super final under enormous  pressure  against the very best the world has to offer, including  a newly crowned world champion who won his title in a super final. (no-one moaning about that)

And what does the fella get. A bunch of no hopers heckling from the wings like waldorf and statlor.

Incredibly  disrespectful to all concerned. 

Shame on you all. 

Jasper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr B won it fair and square, under the rules everyone entered under. He has beat a quality field and won a super final under enormous  pressure  against the very best the world has to offer, including  a newly crowned world champion who won his title in a super final. (no-one moaning about that)

And what does the fella get. A bunch of no hopers heckling from the wings like waldorf and statlor

Shame on you all. 

Jasper. 
i applaud Mr bachelor  a superb achievement , i can only dream  winning  a shoot  like that , and I'm certainly not heckling  ,  but sorry 116/120  was the top score at the English open    so i suppose we will have to agree to disagree  .     

And what does the fella get. A bunch of no hopers heckling from the wings like waldorf and statlor.

Incredibly  disrespectful to all concerned. 

Shame on you all. 

Jasper. 
I dont think I said anything disrespectful, I watched it live and stand by my comments that George and Phil gave the title away and thought it was nice that a new name won it, no problem with you calling me a no hoper though, bang on

Back