English Open Sporting 2012 - Southdown Gc

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11am for me as well - looking forward to it. Hope they are polishing the c-class podium for me.

Dream on Matt...I think Amber won C last year? (which will give u a clue as to the type of shot that will win C!!)..I am 13:00 and 15:30 for Sportrap....don't forget the Sportrap it is good fun and excellent practice for simo pairs and concentration!!

Tobi,

You have obviously spent far too long at committee level.

'ANYWAY! - Back on topic, really looking forward to it and the weather is looking superb! Summer skeet vest and shorts order of the day. Scorchio! '

You and the CPSA HQ never listen.

I wonder what the cost will be to the membership for HQ staff expenses and accommodation for the English Open Sporting?

Tobi,

You have obviously spent far too long at committee level.

'ANYWAY! - Back on topic, really looking forward to it and the weather is looking superb! Summer skeet vest and shorts order of the day. Scorchio! '

You and the CPSA HQ never listen.

I wonder what the cost will be to the membership for HQ staff expenses and accommodation for the English Open Sporting?
I hear you Salop...but there are two relevant points...yes the CPSA can be more efficient and they do operate very conservative accounting and reserve policies...but in two years if they had a funding problem we would be cussing them for that!! And there is no doubt that some spending looks alien to the competition payouts...but these people are employees earning a living...they are not working there for the love of a sport (and for disclosure purposes I know no one at the CPSA or the board). There is no doubt that less conservative costing could lead to greater prize money, but my guess is that would be at the margin....most businesses need more revenue not significantly lower costs!!

Thinking about it, the EO is on at the worst possible time for 'ringers' winning, as the new classifications start in June, so anybody who is clearly going up a class will still be in their lower one. If the EO was two weeks later things would be more realistic I guess..

Thinking about it, the EO is on at the worst possible time for 'ringers' winning, as the new classifications start in June, so anybody who is clearly going up a class will still be in their lower one. If the EO was two weeks later things would be more realistic I guess..
What, like the two guys who were 1st & 2nd in c class, Grange Farm a couple of weeks ago with 82 & 81.......

Interesting to see if they are up a class or two on June 1st..

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to get over it guys, the more you pay out prize money in classes the more you will get the baggers. if there was no incentive to stay down a class they wouldnt be doing it. maybe C,B,A should be trophy only and the cash then gets split further down in AA paying 10+ places.

I hear there is a sportrap event too? If so I will shoot this sat and stay down to shoot theopen Sunday.

Just seen the above post- think that answers it!

And people can bang on about sandbagging all they like, but C class is the easiest place to improve from. It's very easy for someone to get a bit of coaching, get keen and put in scores way better than the average of a few months back. That's not sandbagging, just improving. To win I any class you need to work hard, and have a good day. You can have a great day just as you can have a stinker. Work at it and be the man on top of the pile!

.......or they could introduce a maximum wins in class rule i.e. after say, 10/20/30 or however many wins in c class you then canot be classified below b class again, same for b class, same for a class, possible to drop back as a veteran, maby!?!?

Every dog has his day. Not everybody that puts a decent score in a lower class is cheating scum. Some of them put time, money and effort into improving, others just click on the day. I've no doubt that there's some of it goes on, but people need to stop being so paranoid about it.

.......or they could introduce a maximum wins in class rule i.e. after say, 10/20/30 or however many wins in c class you then canot be classified below b class again, same for b class, same for a class, possible to drop back as a veteran, maby!?!?
you wouldnt be able to police it easily.

just give them the incentive to improve by giving them badges / trophys etc

no one is gonna want to stay in C class all there life unless they have a brasso fetish

If there was no financial reward for the lower classes how many people would shoot birds only, until they thought they were good enough to have half a chance of winning some cash back, thus reducing the prize pot.

If the prize money was split by the numbers entered in each class the AA, AAA,would not have as much money in there pot as the lower ranks in some cases what would they say then when C class may pay £70 and AA £30 because there are less AA shooters about, don't forget the A,B,C, shooter still put their money into the pot that is divided between all classes.

I personally enter competition on registered shoots hoping that i may get some cash back to help subsidise my shooting, if i was only to get a trophy at the end i would definitly only go birds only.

Some people may never reach the dizzy hieghts of AA no matter how much time, effort, or cash they threw at it.

If i ended up with a cabinet full of trophies it would cost even more because i would have to go out and buy some of that brasso stuff.

If the prize money was split by the numbers entered in each class the AA, AAA,would not have as much money in there pot as the lower ranks in some cases what would they say then when C class may pay £70 and AA £30 because there are less AA shooters about, don't forget the A,B,C, shooter still put their money into the pot that is divided between all classes.
if the ground owners follow the rules the payout is as you described, A and B tends to be where the most cash is picked up. this in my eyes is plain stupid as it actively encourages sandbagging.

if the ground owners follow the rules the payout is as you described, A and B tends to be where the most cash is picked up. this in my eyes is plain stupid as it actively encourages sandbagging.
I'm not convinced sandbagging is quite as widespread as we think but I certainly agree that rewarding the lower classes with more cash than the AAA/AA guys seems odd to say the least. If it doesn't encourage sandbagging it certainly encourages not improving.

Back