Eley First Fibre, Wad issues ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire a Golden Trap down it then finish off with Clenzoil (brilliant stuff).

Fire a Golden Trap down it then finish off with Clenzoil (brilliant stuff).
Hi Tinker bell

long time no chat..! We have had all the best and all the trade off public market...... nothing will remove the led deposits left are 250 shots....!

The only thing that did remove it was heat from gas torch..... but who would be brave enough to take that action on a 60,000 side by side .....

so simple Eley down the road Hull in the door...........! :)  

The definitive videos IMHO on cleaning shotgun

Make up some Eds Red for cleaning too.

Use Gamebore and you wont have too many problems with cleaning and you certainly wont have any customer service issues! While, I'd like to say "you get what you pay for", I don't have to, because Gamebore have a price range of cartridges for everyone. As previously mentioned, their Velocity cartridges are a fantastic budget cartridge and are far superior to Eley First! If you want top of the range in fibre, Black Gold are the best! At Barbury SG a couple of months ago, another gun came up to me after a Compak round to ask what cartridge I was using as they "sounded so good" (I'm sure he meant, because I was nailing the targets so well too :biggrin: , but in any event, it was Black Gold).

Gamebore is the way forward IMO if you want a quality cartridge and quality customer service!

QUite an interesting  watch for a sunday morning :)

Offsets the fact i can t go shooting this morning :(

:santa:

Ask anyone who shot in the Champion of Champions shoot off at the CLA what they think of Eley fibre. Probably 20 odd miss fires is no exaggeration as well as a couple of wads stuck in barrels! It cost certain people a good few targets.....

Ask anyone who shot in the Champion of Champions shoot off at the CLA what they think of Eley fibre. Probably 20 odd miss fires is no exaggeration as well as a couple of wads stuck in barrels! It cost certain people a good few targets.....
Really ? Just shocking to be fair..! Was this the cartridge they had to use??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the new olympic blue fibre as supplied for the beretta world IMO.

Nothing wrong with the new olympic blue fibre as supplied for the beretta world IMO.
Hi Martin
You must of had the lucky 125 clean burning Olympics then....! They are few and far between but well done :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To fair I thought they were decent enough and I'm not that bothered with how dirty they are or are not but that was certainly a dodgy slab or two that turned up at the worst possible place at the worst possible time!

Had reports from a friend that shot in the Champ of Champs. Said it was a f*****g joke. Cartridges were just going pop,and the lead was falling out the end of the barrel. They used the Eleys supposedly for the lower noise,but apparently that didn't stop the black powder cannon being shot off all day!! I'd say the money the made by having the monopoly at the CLA has cost them dearly in the long run.

I was told today that if you had a misfire at the CLA clayshoot, it was marked as a loss. Now that is novel!

Shot the cla 2day, I have never known so many dudd cartridges and wads stuck in the barrel

I'm just surprised there was no accidents with wads lodged in the barrel,

Really wasn't good for a showpiece for our sport!

Eley fiber up date. Just had email confirming there is a problem with a batch of first fibers.

Apparently theres some free vouchers in post to take to local dealers for free carts. Be getting olympic blues instead I reckon.

I've witnessed the exact same problem with Olympics. Guy shooting a stand in front of me at Gunsite,had to pull three wads (three seperate shots) from the end of his barrel,before he gave up and went home.

Also saw an eley plad wad stuck in barrels today .at I/c skeet at doveridge. Olympic blue I think. Reports say it just when pop .

Is there no quality control testing done anymore? This sort if thing should have shown up in the factory unless it was known but the decision was to put them out anyway. I think this is a watershed moment for Eley and might cost them dearly!

Had a load of prods last year with eley. Their response was was nothing short of crap. Still waiting for a reply to one issue.

Now shoot gamebore.

I have had a cleaning problem with fibre wads. Wanted to see if it made any difference using fibre instead of plastic wads. Shot a 100 bird shoot twice, same cartridges one fibre one plastic, apart from the odd confetti absolutely no difference in the quality of hits. Using back bored Browning 725 Sporting. Left heavy leading near the forcing cones, I was using Olympic Blues and Evo's, regularly use Eley Blues fibre with no problems at all cleaning.

Latest posts

Back