Eley First Fibre, Wad issues ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update 

Just received a voucher for 100 VIPs as an apology for the mess and aggro Eley Hawk have caused me, with the 100 firsts I used originally !!! (I refused a straight swap with Firsts !)

More a token gesture, I don't think they would have done that, apart from the fact that Elizabeth in the office really does care, can't see any one else up there does though, shame !

Now using  RC2s for me trap and have yet to decide on the odd fibre I use.

Anyway the barells are cleaned out now after some time with a mixture of Napier, Bisley and WD40 job done, thanks all.

I have had a cleaning problem with fibre wads. Wanted to see if it made any difference using fibre instead of plastic wads. Shot a 100 bird shoot twice, same cartridges one fibre one plastic, apart from the odd confetti absolutely no difference in the quality of hits. Using back bored Browning 725 Sporting. Left heavy leading near the forcing cones, I was using Olympic Blues and Evo's, regularly use Eley Blues fibre with no problems at all cleaning.

After reading this debacle on Eley fibres I'm glad I didn't shoot them at beretta worlds

I'll donate them if someone wants to do a bit of testing with them as long as findings are posted

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back