EJ Churchill ESP reg 7th May 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Note the 12pm start. From the website:

CPSA Registered Shoot
Please note: Our next registered CPSA shoot is to be held on Thursday 7th May 2015. Starts at 12pm with last entries taken at 6pm. No booking is required.

The CPSA course is a 100 English Sporting registered over 10 or 12 manned stands. Prize Money will be given to High Gun at £75.00 and each Winner in Class in AA, A, B and C (prize money depending upon entries per class).

Competition entries cost £39.50 and birds only at £34.50

NOTE: Hats, glasses and hearing protection are compulsory at all times for competitors and spectators while on the shooting ground. For CPSA registered competitions only we allow you to shoot plastic wad cartridges.

Yes. Website has now changed, it's 10am to 6pm tomorrow! 12pm for June..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope the forecast is right that the wind will no longer be sending furniture and trees past the window. 

Why can't this be Friday I like registered's there but am not back in the UK until 19:30 tomorrow!!! right PITA

I arrived just after the midday shower. The place had a slightly quiet feel, due to the huge entry time period (10-6). Entries spread out during the day.

A very pleasant round that felt mostly fairly easy, but folk were tripping up and scores were a lot lower than I thought when I left at 3pm with 92 leading. Just proves that close clays don't kill themselves. I hit 91 and felt that 5 of my losses were unforgivable. I think there is a massive score to be had by a good shot who doesn't trip over their laces on the way round. I would say 97/98?

I arrived just after the midday shower. The place had a slightly quiet feel, due to the huge entry time period (10-6). Entries spread out during the day.

A very pleasant round that felt mostly fairly easy, but folk were tripping up and scores were a lot lower than I thought when I left at 3pm with 92 leading. Just proves that close clays don't kill themselves. I hit 91 and felt that 5 of my losses were unforgivable. I think there is a massive score to be had by a good shot who doesn't trip over their laces on the way round. I would say 97/98?
​I thought the exact same Will, unforgivable 7 on the rabbit dropped me down to 89 but I reckon even that was 8-9 shy of what the course deserved, I'm used to very tight chokes but ended up changing as it was costing me birds as almost everything was closer than I'm used to. 

Odd experience trying to pick up my joint HG/1st in AA win from March, lady tried to tell me Alec and I had won £37.50 each ! Oh OK then what did AA pick up then ? It appears they've split the AA prize between the next three highest (losing) scores ! This has happened to me before and puzzles me why the concept is difficult to grasp for some :???:  so she said she'll check with some people who should know the answer and get back to me.  

Never mind, lets down a Welsh rarebit and enjoy it anyway, £5.50 and a single slice of bread doused with mustard and cheese later (even the lady serving it looked embarrassed)  :mellow:  I won't be ordering that again.

Sorry to have missed you (and a good handful of clays).. They usually revert to Mark Marshall for prize money protocol, so he should sort it hopefully. 

They changed caterers recently and it was then excellent. My roll today was a bit average so I wonder if they have changed again or if the initial lot have backed off a bit..

Sorry to have missed you (and a good handful of clays).. They usually revert to Mark Marshall for prize money protocol, so he should sort it hopefully. 

They changed caterers recently and it was then excellent. My roll today was a bit average so I wonder if they have changed again or if the initial lot have backed off a bit..
​I'm into food and restaurants a bit so tend to notice things like this, two mates I was with ordered the ham and melted cheese which cost the same but looked the size of a small bungalow compared to mine  :D

I thought if you won HG you could not win a class prize as well otherwise this would happen every where and two prizes would be won. I dropped the same target right to left loopers / chandelles, just over lead them.

I thought if you won HG you could not win a class prize as well otherwise this would happen every where and two prizes would be won. I dropped the same target right to left loopers / chandelles, just over lead them.
​You are right in that you can't win both HG and class (certain exceptions exists I believe) but here what's happened is that joint HG scores should share 1st in AA as well. Otherwise you can theoretically have a situation where 10 people share HG with identical scores and so split the HG prize and the next lowest score then wins AA !? Can't be right and it isn't. 

I shot a 76 today, missed some silly ones but still putting in to practice what I was taught on Saturday.  

Really pleased to straight stand 8, the slow right to left along the bank and the quartering from left to right.

Messed up on stand 3 missing all the incoming quartering left to right, and stand 9 think I was shooting over the top of the looper and tried to shoot the real with both eyes open.  Smacked the last 2 when I forced my right eye shut.

I think I saw Hamster in the clubhouse and definitely saw Mr Hewland just as he finished shooting stand 1, didn't realise until after my mate had spoken to him and called him Will at least twice, will say hello next time.

Latest posts

Back