EJ Churchill ESP reg 4.6.15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Entries for this one are 12pm to 6pm. All welcome. No booking required and the weather looks like summer may begin that day!

I'm even turning up! Going round with a customer about 1 ish, and blowing the cobwebs out the hollow end. see some of you round!

I'll keep my eye out for you! 

Looks like I might even have to dig out the dark lenses for a change ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good shoot today.  Lovely and sunny.  My shooting however was inconsistent to say the least. Shot in front way to many times .  

Mixed bag from me today with 71, I feel that it's slowly coming together though.

Straighted stands 1, 2, 4, and 12.

3 - I missed 2 of the 2nd teal.

5 - Hit the first three targets then missed the rest, pretty sure I was overleading.

6 - Only got 2 of the first target, wasn't giving the 2nd enough lead.

7 - Hit 2 of the battue and 2 of the incomers.

8 - Hit all the incoming teal and missed 2 of the orange crossers.

9 - Upset with myself as I missed three rabbits and 2 crossers.

10 - Missed the last pair.

11 - Missed 1 on the battles and 2 of the orange going away.

Mixed bag from me today with 71, I feel that it's slowly coming together though.

3 - I missed 2 of the 2nd teal.

5 - Hit the first three targets then missed the rest, pretty sure I was overleading.

6 - Only got 2 of the first target, wasn't giving the 2nd enough lead.

7 - Hit 2 of the battue and 2 of the incomers.

8 - Hit all the incoming teal and missed 2 of the orange crossers.

9 - Upset with myself as I missed three rabbits and 2 crossers.

10 - Missed the last pair.

11 - Missed 1 on the battles and 2 of the orange going away.
Hi Dan

judging by your membership name and your weapon of choice(a high rib black action F3), I think you had the misfortune of following our group around for most of the afternoon. This was my first B class shoot and boy did I suffer out there. I Put it down to lack of ability, barrel watching and a nightmare trip around the M25 from Kent. I went home thorougly disconsolate and had to console myself with a cold beer. Tomorrow's another day!????

I hit a 71 too. Started on stand 2 and straighted it and 3 then hit a 0 on stand 4 so was happy to recover somewhat. Hit the battue once. Even at the far right of the cage I found it difficult to swing far enough before hitting the left of the cage.

Nice mix of targets. My first shoot at the main EJC ground but will be looking to shoot every month now.

Saw Ed in the clubhouse but was on his way home.

I learned that if you are having a tough week at work, nipping out for a few hours to shoot doesn't go well! That is all.?

But seriously, it was a lovely day, although it did make a couple of clays hard to see in the glare. A bit trickier than last month so exposed anybody who was a bit off.. 

You did very well :)  ​I hit 3x8 there ! I thought it was a good shoot, a couple more with distance would have been nice, not spectacular variety but really did expose your flaws if you couldn't hit the close ones. It was great to bump into Ed Solomon, hadn't seen him in ages. It always amazes me seeing so many people out shooting a registered mid week  :) , left just gone 4.00 o'clock, got back home at 7.30  :eek:  traffic was stupid. 

Hi Dan

judging by your membership name and your weapon of choice(a high rib black action F3), I think you had the misfortune of following our group around for most of the afternoon. This was my first B class shoot and boy did I suffer out there. I Put it down to lack of ability, barrel watching and a nightmare trip around the M25 from Kent. I went home thorougly disconsolate and had to console myself with a cold beer. Tomorrow's another day!????
Yeah that was me, all the gear and a bit of an idea ..  To be honest I was supposed to shoot in the afternoon but my Dad is in hospital and I wasn't going to shoot. Mum said it might help take my mind off things if I got out for a bit.

I really wanted to have a look at your Perazzi, just to see what the rib was like,  but it was so busy there I didn't want to interrupt.

Your left-handed friend made me laugh.  I held the lead of his dog so he could shoot and catch you up, he shot the stand and definitely got 3/8 and argued with the scorer, at the time I didn't want to add fuel to the fire but he definitely got 3/8.

Dan

You did very well :)  ​I hit 3x8 there ! I thought it was a good shoot, a couple more with distance would have been nice, not spectacular variety but really did expose your flaws if you couldn't hit the close ones. It was great to bump into Ed Solomon, hadn't seen him in ages. It always amazes me seeing so many people out shooting a registered mid week  :) , left just gone 4.00 o'clock, got back home at 7.30  :eek:  traffic was stupid. 
We got there about 16:45 & were entries 150-152!  Not bad turnout for mid-week!  I thought it was a good shoot......bit stiffer than last time, but still well worth the trip. :ahappy:

Latest posts

Back