Eight days without a post......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Greg, are you finally getting on with that junker stock you just had to have?    :bye:

Or were those scores shot with some more trad kit?

BTW - damn fine shootin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Charlie

If you mean the Essevierre stock then yes.  However it has been modified since Christmas, having a good 1/4 inch taken off the comb and recently an Isis Green pad has been fitted. Seems to be working :)

DT

Well done DT some good shooting there. I only wish I could get someone like 40UP to watch me and give me some good advice. He has given me tips but actually seeing how badly I shoot is better than just hearing about it then offering a tip. There are some great shooters down here but if they know they can add a couple of targets to your 21 or 22 they are not going to although you do get help until you start getting near to their own scores  ... understandable I suppose. I am toiling just now three low twenty's and a 19 nearly every week. I need a confidence boost... 40UP do you need a holiday?

Well done DT some good shooting there. I only wish I could get someone like 40UP to watch me and give me some good advice. He has given me tips but actually seeing how badly I shoot is better than just hearing about it then offering a tip. There are some great shooters down here but if they know they can add a couple of targets to your 21 or 22 they are not going to although you do get help until you start getting near to their own scores  ... understandable I suppose. I am toiling just now three low twenty's and a 19 nearly every week. I need a confidence boost... 40UP do you need a holiday?
​John

If you are regularly shooting 21's, 22's with the odd 19 dropping in then you are certainly not shooting 'badly'!!

DT

Hi DT

I have to say you are quite right and in honesty I think that is where my problem is just now. I am setting myself a goal before I start the round instead of just concentrating on seeing the target and building a score. I am suffering from thinking that, because I had a good run of really consistent 22 and 23's , I am actually a better shooter than I am and that is an honest  admission. I need to get back to what got me those scores... concentrating on the target and not thinking about anything else!

Anyway a nice 100 target comp this weekend in warm if not totally perfect conditions. All I am concentrating on is set up, seeing the target and then hoping to shoot it not even thinking about the scores.

The only goal that should ever be in the mix is refinement of form.  Scores are a result not a goal.  Your estimation of your abilities is not unrealistic shooting that game and those previous scores as testimony.

just sayin' ..................

Latest posts

Back