Edge on nutter bunnies (Rabbits)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi yorky

I use muller U2 at everything, even edge on rabbits. U3 if stuff is out there.

Just keeping practice, it will come mate

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think that is a very personal approach to this target.

I totally understand what you are saying but you are assuming a swing through method was used. If the original poster shoots at them in that way, fair enough, otherwise your post might be misleading in the most literal sense.

Again please don't take it personally as I am well aware of how good you are.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit.
Comments graciously accepted and I happen to agree with you anyway. There is more than one way of shooting anything, I was just pointing out that on this type of target momentum swing through was often the better way than say maintained where all sorts of problems can creep in. That's why I mentioned one trick is to.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking chippy but I bet the next pair jump out of the divet that's left.....

It's funny I just put this target on in a course I designed recently. It was the only stand that I choke twiddled, put in 3/4. Then proceeded to try and shoot it 10m away, stupid uncontrolled and pattern like a rifle.
Shot last few at 20m less movement= dead bunnies.
Then watched guys shooting it with skeet chokes!

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Without seeing it I can't say for sure but I'd put money on you being slightly in front. 20 yards and choke and shot will destroy it even if it is edgeon. Much more likely that the timing was fractionally off and you slid in front. There is a tiny margin for error on these and it will look to all intents and purposes that it went through the pattern, when in fact you were in front...

Almost every presentation of bunny is missed in front, rarely behind, from what I see. I was at Bisley today and there was a sim bunny stand. Most couldnt believe that it was as simple as pointing at them.. And on another rabbit, I missed two in front. D'oh!

But yes, edge on, the over leading thing gets worse. Carl Bloxham standard advice on quartering rabbits is to shoot the back edge as you catch up to it.

This sporting lark sounds very complicated shoot some in front some behind, god knows what else. :)

Psssssssst......don't carry your gun on your shoulder....as some of the natives get tetchy..... :wink:

This sporting lark sounds very complicated shoot some in front some behind, god knows what else. :)
Can be complicating but legend has it us sporting type have the use of a second brain cell xD  and as for trap shooters carrying guns on shoulders its an evolution thing something to do with much longer arms which would cause their guns to scrape in the mud :crazy:

P.S only joking guys :spiteful:
I know.....me too.....

post-17-0-05436500-1375819632.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Ver nice i like a woman in expensive shoes it shows real class.

Women are very lucky that they have such great clothes and shoes to choose from. Us blokes have to go to south of france for anything remotely decent. monte carlo used to be good but even that isn't as good as it used to be. Last thing i got i had to have tailored.

As nic would say. Just saying :)

Sorry way off topic :)

Latest posts

Back