Ed Solomons

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmthompson93

Evening chaps,

Just thought I would post a review on my lesson with Ed Solomons,

Met him last week @ sporting targets, which is such a good facility has everything you need to shoot, and left having hit every target I tried. Started with talking to Ed, about what I struggled with and in what areas I felt I could improve, spoke about what technique I mostly shoot which is swing through, but often tried to go for maintained lead on hearing the trap go off would set off with my gun, but with my the way my vision is it suits me to shoot swing through as it means I have time to see the clay first then judge what I need to do to shoot it. Learnt more about building up where I should be placing my hold points based upon what the target is offering you and where you feel your going to kill said clay. And finished with having a blast on the tower, which is superb.

All in all a good 2 hour session, with a bloke who know's his stuff and will be heading back again.

Many Thanks

Lee

I used 1/2 and a  1/4 for plastic wads, 3/4 and 1/2 for fibres. I was shooting superfast plastic wads with Ed, He did say, the cartridge is always quicker than the clay!

Spent the day with Ed yesterday and all I can say is it is the best money I've ever spent on clay shooting.  Identified my husbands eye dominance issues and set him on the way forward to deal with them.  For me he gave me the confidence in the correct method for taking my various problem targets so that now even if I miss at least I know that I'm attempting the right approach and to stick with it.  The tips on course management and for improving consistency were great and I'm sure my scores will increase as a result. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been directed to this lovely stuff to hear, glad you all got on well and found it useful!

do keep in touch all!

ed

My session with Ed went well. Only got through about 80 shells in the hour and about 45 mins we had together but lots of talking to allow him to zero in on getting my head in the right space.

just finished the club comp at Northall. Only 60 birds but.

4 straights one of which was a tricky rabbit and the other a sim pair with a very tricky looper.

dropped one on stand 1 and 2 on stand 4 for a total of 57x60 or 95%.

The 'downside' is that I'll now be bumped to A class at club level! :)  

His coaching gets results, also onward mentoring and support is invaluable. 

Even messging me when I'm abroad with help and tips.

Sorry to bring up an older topic but kind of an update, having struggled with a few targets lately, Ed was there on the end of the phone just to bang a text to ask for some words of advice on what I should try to do and such which is excellent just to be able to contact and have the continual update!

Back