Easy Hit - Replacement foam tape

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Hi All, Just a heads up should any of you need to re-fit an Easy Hit sight, the official Easy Hit kit with the replacement tape cleaning pad and fishing line is £15 which IMO is a rip off. I had a look round numerous places and couldn't find anything suitable until I tried looking on eBay and found the exact 6mm wide tape that they use so I bought a 10 meter roll of the stuff, it's turned up this morning and is perfect. The cost... £1.65 :)  Unfortunately as it's on a roll I can't send any of it on but if any one needs new tape on an Easy Hit if you send it to me with an SAE I'll put the new tape on for you and send back. Cheers, Jon.

Whats an easy hit sight? Will it add 10 targets to my score?

It's a fibre optic bead that helps overcome dominance issues for some people as the eye that's trying to take over can't see the bead. Jon.

Why would one look at a shotgun sight? Does the batter look at the bat or the ball? Does the tennis player look at the racket or the ball? The shotgun fits, then where you are looking is where the shotgun will shoot! I don't even have a sight on my mainly hunting 391 Optima Gold! Does not keep me from hitting many, many birds and most if not all clays with it! Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I think an analysis of the word `look` is needed in this context. Stare at the bead and little in the way of broken clays will come your way. However, if the barrels were invisible, I am pretty sure you would hit even fewer. We all need to be very aware of where the end of the barrel is, via the eye that is aligned with it. Weirdly, I picked up a gun with an easy hit once and found that it made me stare at the bead (not the clay), which wasnt good. However, I still reckon that is better than using the wrong eye, which guarentees a miss.. CSC3

Back