East Midlands Director

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread this one. Can't honestly say it fills me with anything other then total apathy at the state this sport is governed, the amount of bureaucracy at County, Regional and HQ levels, the obvious hidden agendas by a few and the gross incompetence that dogs the Association.

I have over the years seen and met a few of the CPSA hierarchy, some were good some were, well not good and that is putting it mildly, unfortunately I don't ever see the situation changing, good people get ground down and eventually leave, leaving the empire builders to continue to wreak havoc. Simple fact is, not enough of the 24,000 members will ever get involved to make a difference, not enough will ever go to the AGM's or even take the time to vote on CPSA, Regional matters.

Changes to the Articles will go through, the very small minority who understand the consequences and who are prepared to be vocal will get drowned out, and so it will be passed, I imagine deals have or will be done with any Region that is waivering on the subject to ensure it gets smooth passage. And if teh board and current CEO did all get kicked out en masse, what would replace them, probably a very similar set of people with very similar agendas.

maddmatt,

I don't want the Board to resign enmasse and be replaced by people of a similar ilk.

I want a Board that are honest and straight , not devious and avoid answering straight forward questions with straight forward answers.

I want a Board made up of people who want the very best for the membership, who get voted in by the membership and get removed by the membership.

Colin I certainly do not think Steve Scott Smith meant anything untoward with his comment, he knows me and knows that I say it how it is, even if it hurts.

I  want us to get rid of all this political bickering at Board level and move the association forward. Has a former serving member of the Board you know better than anyone that a number of the board have forgotten what their reason for being on the board is and they should retire immediately and make way for people who do want to do something.

Well unfortunately with these types of associations you tend to get a situation where the members are treated like an inconvenience, a few years ago I had a meeting to discuss some business ideas with the CPSA, the attitude towards the members was quite shocking and told me everything I needed to know.

I think there is a fundamental flaw in the way the CPSA is run, who runs it and how they govern the sport, this includes Regions and County's. Not sure yet what the answer is but something radical needs to happen.

maddmatt,
 I don't want the Board to resign enmasse and be replaced by people of a similar ilk.
I want a Board that are honest and straight , not devious and avoid answering straight forward questions with straight forward answers.
I want a Board made up of people who want the very best for the membership, who get voted in by the membership and get removed by the membership.
Colin I certainly do not think Steve Scott Smith meant anything untoward with his comment, he knows me and knows that I say it how it is, even if it hurts.
 I  want us to get rid of all this political bickering at Board level and move the association forward. Has a former serving member of the Board you know better than anyone that a number of the board have forgotten what their reason for being on the board is and they should retire immediately and make way for people who do want to do something.
Even so Salopian, I would still like Steve to explain his comment, if directed at me and it has been in the past I would like an opportunity to ask him questions based on his comments.

This really was not a direct comment Colin, it was more of a comment with Salopian in mind. We all know Pete speaks his mind when sometimes others wont....... Even of were all thinking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really was not a direct comment Colin, it was more of a comment with Salopian in mind. We all know Pete speaks his mind when sometimes others wont....... Even of were all thinking it.
Fair enough Steve......sorry for being sensitive, or suspicious but the self same comment was made by someone that hadn't got a clue what they were talking about and I was pissed off to say the least.

Latest posts

Back