Dutch Grand Prix.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olesarge

Dont quite understand your timings.

I would have thought squads would start at 12 minute intervals, so 5 an hour. 39 squads therefore just under 8 hours starting with an actual finish time just under 9 (if all to time).

It will mean that once a squad has finished their next layout would start in around an hour. Tight.

Leigh
Leigh.  We have been shooting this for 2 years now. 3 traps for two stands (pegs) which mean only 2 squads can shoot on one 25 targhet ground at one time. Whereas with the old 5 targets per stand each with 3 traps then 5 squads can shoot on a 25 target ground at the same time. The benifit of the new system is.  Less than half the acreage required to set 8 grounds and only 48 traps as opposed to 120.  Wish you luck with the timing I hope it all works out.

Dave

Cyril

I think Dave (Olesarge) is out in Australia and they make use of limited resources (traps etc.) with a system thats a cross between FITASC Sporting and Supersporting. I seem to remember shooting something similar in Rotorua (NZ) back in 2001.

460 was about the entry for the worlds in Warnabool in 2011 (?). That was 4 stands per layout utilising 4 layouts 'changing' after 2 days. 

For 8 layouts of 4 stands they will also need 40 Refs.

Regards

Leigh

Cyril

I think Dave (Olesarge) is out in Australia and they make use of limited resources (traps etc.) with a system thats a cross between FITASC Sporting and Supersporting. I seem to remember shooting something similar in Rotorua (NZ) back in 2001.

460 was about the entry for the worlds in Warnabool in 2011 (?). That was 4 stands per layout utilising 4 layouts 'changing' after 2 days. 

For 8 layouts of 4 stands they will also need 40 Refs.

Regards

Leigh

Olesarge said:
Leigh / Cyril

I was of the understanding FITASC New Style was the same Internationally.  3 traps per 2 stands 4 stands per 25.  I guess 3 traps per stand and 4 stands per 25 would work faster.  Still will not be faster than 5 targets per 3 trap stand where 5 squads can shoout at same time.

Australia not being a super micro island like the uk where you can trip over in London and end up in Edingborough, as such we are not limited to geographical acreage resourse. We have a 3500klm drive to some shoots. However new style does help smaller clubs with limited traps take on state and qualifier rounds.

My experience of Sporting clays in the UK is 30-40m lolipop targets.  Not 60 - 70 m hard driven and lobbed targets and 40m rabbits as per Ausie, France, Belgium and Hungary.

Please let me know what squad sequence and trap layout used for ONLY 8 layouts for 200 targets over 2 days in Holland.  Very Interested.

Kind Regards

Dave 
Remember Always the present Aussie FITASC Rankings and our Damien Burgen being world number 1 for a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was of the understanding FITASC New Style was the same Internationally.  3 traps per 2 stands 4 stands per 25.  I guess 3 traps per stand and 4 stands per 25 would work faster.  Still will not be faster than 5 targets per 3 trap stand where 5 squads can shoout at same time.
Olesarge

Its as my reply to Jim, one single from each trap, 3 stands throwing one double and 1 stand throwing 2 doubles.

The format for new system now is for 15 singles and 5 doubles.

In the case of  4 stand layout, there will be 4 No machines on 3 stands with a 4th stand having only 3 machines, making 15 in all. However only one stand of the 4 will throw 2 doubles.
For the worlds with an entry over a 1,000 they may go to 5 stands, all with 3 targets for singles and one double. May even have to stay in hoop to shoot the double.

Don't mix up English Sporting targets with FITASC sporting. Whilst English Sporting courses here are not made up of a lot of extreme targets, they do still feature. Good course designers however use their skills to present targets that appear straightforward but fool the shooter. FITASC sporting here features plenty of tough targets.

Yes Australia has some fine shots, Damien, Johny Younger & Chris Brown to name 3 up there with the best, all have gained plenty of international experience. Johny was over for the World sporting & FITASC last year, and told me how it took a while and sharpened him up to shoot the UK targets because they were so deceiving.

Regards

Leigh

Back