DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must stop reading these bloody trap shooting posts. I have just spent the day at Bisley NCSC shooting DTL soaked to ethe bone in the wind and rain looking at bloody clays disappearing into the rain and mist, at one point I even thought " must get one of those high rib trap gun thingys". Never has the lure of wellies and looping battue seemed so strong you are all a bad influence... :p :rolleyes: :blink: " thats when the fight started "

YOU'RE DOOMED !!!!     :crazy:  

Thanks for the info - I understood I had to shoot 300 for a classification !!
Common misconception. You only need to shoot 300 targets if you want a temporary classification during a current classification period ( to stop the sand-baggers).

DT

I'm not certain who said it but someone told me I had to shoot 300 before the end of April to get a classification for the end of May - isn't that the next time the Classifications are done ? Currently I'm been been classified at each shoot - hopefully when I go to the DTL weekend at Bywell I'll be in a Class - time will tell !! Was easier to understand years ago but I can see the reason for the changes

I'm not certain who said it but someone told me I had to shoot 300 before the end of April to get a classification for the end of May - isn't that the next time the Classifications are done ? Currently I'm been been classified at each shoot - hopefully when I go to the DTL weekend at Bywell I'll be in a Class - time will tell !! Was easier to understand years ago but I can see the reason for the changes
V8 - if you have now shot 300 registered targets you can now apply to the CPSA (via email) for a temporary classification which will allow you to shoot in May within a given class rather than be classified on the day. You will get the same classification at the end of May if you can wait that long.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
If all goes to plan I'll have shot 300 by next weekend. I can then apply for a temp Classification to use throughout May.

Sporting classification next, then I might have a dabble at ABT !!

+1

I was really crap last time out at ABT (and to think that many years ago every now and then I used to shoot in the 90's....oh how we age...!!)

Anyone for Fareham on Sunday??

V8 Notice you put in a very tidy score at Beverley recently...which put you in AA class on the day. You might want to back it off at your next comp. Wouldn't want to go straight in to AA !!

Sandbagging....?  Moi!!

DT

V8 - If you are after classifications you just need to shoot one comp of each discipline in the classification period. If you want some classes for June then you need to shoot those disciplines before the 30th April (looks like you might have a busy weekend!)

If not then its 300 Targets for a temp class or just one shoot in each discipline before the end of October for classification update in December.

NDGC is good practice for Bywell as we use the same coloured clays and our layouts are not covered either - we are hardy midlanders you see, not like these southerners who are frightened of a bit of rain!!  :laugh:   :laugh:   (hopefully should be a bit closer travelling time than Bywell for you).

I'm hopefully heading down to Nottingham for the Single Barrel shoot (Linc's) on 22nd June. I'll get some scores in throughout the second half of the year for Sproting & will also have a pop at ABT. Now I know I can get a Classification from the CPSA for May - (thanks DT ) - I'm going to look into shooting the Krieghoff, I assume you don't have to use a Krieghoff to shoot it.

V8 - Indeed you don't.

Julesy makes a very valid point. As you are already in line for a DTL classification in May, why not shoot a round of ABT and a round of sporting (100 bird comp in each) before the end of April (busy weekend as already said). Then from June onwards you will have classifications in all three disciplines for the next 6 months.

DT

Edit: That said checking the fixtures on the CPSA website for this weekend has very few ABT fixtures with the closest being Penrith or Fauxdegla. I'm sure there will be sporting fixtures close to you though.

V8 Notice you put in a very tidy score at Beverley recently...which put you in AA class on the day. You might want to back it off at your next comp. Wouldn't want to go straight in to AA !!

Sandbagging....?  Moi!!

DT
Over here that is know as "target management".  Very popular among the sporting crowd.

At Fauxdegla this Sunday, there is 100 dtl in the morning and 100 abt at 1pm-ish. So you could double wammy it. I'll be there anyway, blasting away.

(Or you could even do the skeet as well!)

Thanks for the info - I'll stick with my plan to Shoot some more DTL at Beverly Saturday.

Thats a good plan, I am concentrating on dtl this year too.

I might be at Beverley on Saturday also.

Might be a good idea to book in - they have a busy weekend ahead.

Well I did 96/276 today - need to start practising- too many second barrels !! - should be able to find out what Class I've ended up in later this week.

Nice to meet BoB1 off here too !

Back