DT11 black vs Perazzi MX2000s sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coach Becky McKenzie was saying she'd just swapped to the MX2000 because she went to review it, expected to hate it and fell in love with it (Clay Shooter magazine soon?). When top shooters are switching on their own money it has to be something unusually good! But yes, it's personal choice of course.

If you want a high end competition gun, with a black finish, I'd also consider the Rizzini BR460: https://www.a-s-i.co.uk/showroom_product/br440-sporting

I do shoot one, so there is some bias there but it's proving it's worth. It gets plenty of rounds through it each year on both clay and game with no problems to report as yet.

The compelling argument with this option is the price, it's substantially less than the two you're looking at and offers as much customisation through the Rizzini Custom Shop. Not sure what area you're in but could meet up with a demo gun if you were interested.

Just waiting for the inevitable  for someone to come along and suggest another make altogether. 😇

If you want a high end competition gun, with a black finish, I'd also consider the Rizzini BR460: https://www.a-s-i.co.uk/showroom_product/br440-sporting

I do shoot one, so there is some bias there but it's proving it's worth. It gets plenty of rounds through it each year on both clay and game with no problems to report as yet.

The compelling argument with this option is the price, it's substantially less than the two you're looking at and offers as much customisation through the Rizzini Custom Shop. Not sure what area you're in but could meet up with a demo gun if you were interested.
😂😂😂 :frantics:

There must be some algorithm which processes your answers to twenty different questions about you, your shooting needs, aesthetic preferences, price range and value sentiments. It would select a gun for you from all the options. Then you could go and shoot it and dislike it within the first 10 shots. It really is like finding a partner. It’s not always the one you say you were looking for and you definitely need to try before you commit..

I personally wouldn't buy anything with a black action. Just have a look at them in a couple of years . Yuk. 

Jasper. 

Although having said that my Dt11 has lost its blue racing stripe. 
Really? The photo is of my gun a thirty year old Perazzi the action is near perfect condition... you must be buying the wrong make of gun?

59a1c6cb3d461_PerazziMX8actionL.JPG.1160ce89b95bf06de5cd347e8fd74b50.jpg

John, why is it that you always have to show off that gun?  I mean, give the folks a break.  How many are gonna find something like that?

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. Someone mentioned black actions not looking so great after a few years - what happens to it, and is this a common problem?
Most show signs of wear. You can see the base metal through the black. Obviously will depend a lot on use and how the guns are handled and cared for. Not picking on specific makes here at all . I sure folk will leep to defend their favourite. But I just wouldn't spend my cash on one. That's all. 

Jasper. 

so we could get some clever person to re-purpose dating selection software for shotgun selection, answer 20 questions and you'll still get a minger 🙂
Yea.. I can do that 😁.   Give me £20bn and I'll build something based on an Excdl spreadsheet 🤡

There must be some algorithm which processes your answers to twenty different questions about you, your shooting needs, aesthetic preferences, price range and value sentiments. It would select a gun for you from all the options. Then you could go and shoot it and dislike it within the first 10 shots. It really is like finding a partner. It’s not always the one you say you were looking for and you definitely need to try before you commit..
My profile in readiness of the new forthcoming eArmoury gun dating platform- 

Height: Needs a box

Sex: Yes please

Hobbies and interests: Rabbits, Teal, Crows, Chandelle, Driven, Crossers

Dislikes: Rabbits, Teal, Crows, Chandelle, Driven, Crossers.

Pet hates: Budgerigars

Family: Has children, doesn’t want them... money grabbing swines!

Looking for: Long term relationship, making new fore-ends and hook-ups

Favourite colour: Black Gold

My style: Everything from Sartorial to hobo

Biographical: After multiple failed short term relationships with a Belgian and three Italians I’m looking for long term commitment and a mutually satisfying relationship with a short, young German brand. I like to keep things simple and prefer a moderate amount of choking. I’m quite monogamous with cartridges. 
Has own home, car and am an effluent individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
After multiple failed short term relationships with a Belgian and three Italians I’m looking for long term commitment and a mutually satisfying relationship with a short, young German brand. I like to keep things simple and prefer a moderate amount of choking. I’m quite monogamous with cartridges. 
Has own home, car and am an effluent individual.
Wouldn't it be fair to disclose that there are two Germans in your proposed arrangement? 

Seems to me that Lloyd suffers from some commitment issues and is just pissing into the wind with any new relationship.  I recommend some sort of new hobby.  I mean, if Italians can't do it .............  

My F3 has been used for 4 years and had 48,000 shots through it and people still sometimes ask if I have a new gun when they see it. 
My mate bougth one last year and the gold lettering has already fallen off,went back for the trigger to be lightened and fix that.

Mulliner took one look at the action coating wearing and said it would be sent back under warranty but he was waiting for a new coating they are developing to come out first.

Like most guns they seem to go through good and bad phases as far as finish goes.

Probably put 30,000 through my Perazzi since i have had it and still looks like new where as i have seen others slagged off for finish.

i also have a 8500 that is about 30 years old and still original and looks fine...

@MK82 How are you faring with trying out either or both guns? If you have a preference I'm curious as to the why/what/where. 

Haven't had the chance yet but I have been getting different opinions on which is better. I wont know until I try them both. 

Alternatively, F3 Blaser looks tempting too- anyone had any positive/negative experience of it? 

Back