Custom fit ear plugs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Recently ordered some DIY custom plugs off internet, trouble is that the material used is quite hard therefore when you place cheek on comb it tends to break the seel in your ear canal. One assumes that the "propper" custom made ones (non electronic) are a softer material and acctually work.

So ........ interested in anyone who uses custom plugs as too how well they work compared to muffs and what make is best and were to get em etc etc etc

I use emtec ear plugs and yes they are really good so comfortable I would recommend them to everyone who wants ear plugs

Hi IPS

Yes your correct the custom moulded ear peices are very soft/rubbery, personally I had mine made by a company called Hearing Electronics

http://www.hearingelectronics.com/index,

I didnt buy the expensive electonic plugs at £500, however they made me a set with (non electronic) filters for £90, cant complain as they seem perfect, the only thing I can say that is negative, well its not really is that I find it difficult to hear people speaking, but this is cured by loosening or pulling out one ear plug.

Highly recommend these guys,

I use ACS sonic valves, they're fantastic, once in you forget you're wearing them and you hold normal conversations.

http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=147

As with everything there's always a downside, in exteme windy conditions the wind noise is annoying as it goes through the sonic valve and in winter your ears get cold (but they keep cool in summer)

If you're going to get custom moulds then shop around for a good deal, I got mine from Boots Audiologists (they had a discount on hearing products at the time)

I started off with muffs and then a couple of years ago I got some moulded made. I never really thought about the difference until a month back when I left them on a stand and lost them. The week after I went back to muffs for about 2 stands, then switched to disposables and could not wait to get some more custom ones remade.

My current ones are made by EMTEC I would not hesitate to use them again.

Emtec.

Can hear people talking but no issue with gun noise.

Perfect. Regularly do 200 birds on a Sunday or 4.5 hours trying to do British Open and very comfy.

I was looking for some molded ones too. After reading the review of the Emtec ones on here, I am going to get some.

I called them up and they can give you details of places near you, who can take the impressions and send them off to Emtec.

I think they are 79 quid plus VAT.

Yep - and as the OP asks - the EMTEC plugs are quite a soft material so they flex with your ears keeping a good fit. I highly recommend the EMTECs, and in fact and just in the process of ordering a pair with headphones embedded for better music listening.

Thanks for all the replies i do not want electronic jobs as i do not want any background noise i take it emtec as refered to at 79 quid are just plain old ear plugs ?

custom ear protection. . moulded plugs with passive filter. excellent. will come out to do fittings if you have a small group or will be at weston park for the gamefair. me and the mrs have got em .

Emtecs all the way, have the sonic valve in them so can hear a conversation, but cut out the bang. Excellent customer service and they keep all the moulds so if you lose them its just a case of posting the new ones out instead of having to get new moulds taken :)

Green Leopard have got the accoustic valve in theirs, very comfortable and I think Pete Starley in Warwick does them, if that helps. I think most game fairs and big shoots have someone making fitted plugs.

Latest posts

Back