Crazy Bear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Crazy Bear..Sounds like a game shoot for drugged up big game.. but no. A hotel / restaurant is so-called and they host a twice monthly shoot on the farm behind. (Great farm shop there. You can buy a nice pie for lunch afterwards)! About 10 minutes from J7 M40. It is 100 Open (Not registered). £30. Plas wad or fibre. Prizes include a stay in the Hotel! It is a good bit of land, with excellent temporary facilities (loos and catering). I have shot it three times now. The first time was about two months ago and they have toughened it up since, so that the last two were of a level of CPSA registered courses. The target setter does assist with set up for Hornet registered shoots, so it is no surprise. As with Hornet, some targets are a bit edge-on / quick-timed for my liking, but overall it is very good. Recommended. My big bug-bear with almost all open shoots is that they do not publish a full list of results after the shoot. I think this is so important and everybody likes to see how they compared to the pack. With Crazy Bear, they dont even publish the winners! This aspect need sorting out IMO. The website is just a page on the hotel site, but is almost useless. Sort this out folks! It slightly spoils your shoot.. Regards,CSC3

Fantastic review - thanks CleverSC3 - I've been meaning to visit Crazy Bear for ages... although it clashes with my club shoot for one of the weeks... I'll need to get my ass up there - would be good to meet up with Team ShootClay at some point. One a seperate note - I'll happily host a page on ShootClay for any club that wants somewhere to host their results - I can easily set up http://www.shootclay.co.uk/yourclub or they could easily have a section on the forum to put their own results. Happy to discuss that with ANYONE that wants a space to bring their community.

Matt, thats ESP. In this case `Extra Sensory Perception`; as I was going to suggest that! Some of the smaller (less IT literate) shoots might be glad of the facility. As would their clients.. Great idea if they go for it. CSC3

This was one of the first ideas I had for ShootClay - but I realised that I needed to establish myself before pushing it... but I have a holding page: http://shootclay.co.uk/shootpage/ and a couple that I set up as examples... they *could be* much more sophisticated, and be 'owned' and managed by the shoots themselves... Or I could drive them all into the forum - and have their own 'sub forum' which would bring a lot more shooters into us. If anyone wants to share this idea with shoots they know - then I'll gladly take over and get them setup.

Have to agree the Crazy Bear shoot is getting harder, also Mickey Rouse gives lessons there.nice shoot though, the grub at the hotel is expensive but very good quality , I believe you have to book to eat asit can get busy Sunday lunchtimes.Relaxing garden to sit in and have dinner in the hot weather.

Wasnt this at one time run by greenfield entertainments? sure I saw it advertised on their website but no mention of it now? Fuzrat

I have also heard great things about it and I can feel a reunion Clever and bring Phil/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. One for my winter try anything weekends I think. Matt..............bloody great idea about hosting shoots score pages................seeing as you are new to shooting.......where do you think them up? They are pearlers./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gifIt is brilliant getting a fresh look on the sport.We should all start spreading the word at shoots that we go to to see if they are interested.

hi NicSounds a plan. Phil had his best ever shoot there last weekend and loves it. Probably see you at 4 counties on oct 2nd though?? Twice a year they stick 100 targets on; so twice a year I will go! RegardsCsc3

Can't do 2nd (as I am on 'Cooooo Cooooo's')/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifBut will love to catch up after that.

Nicola said:

Matt..............bloody great idea about hosting shoots score pages................seeing as you are new to shooting.......where do you think them up? They are pearlers./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif
That was the one of the original ideas of ShootClay - I just realised that I needed a broader net before casting for fish...  it may never really get off the ground if shoots don't collect or compile a score sheet... but the idea and the will is there.  I have loads more great ideas for bringing the score into the 21st century - just time, programming skills (i have none) and contacts will bring them all to fruition.

Back