Classic HPX

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

John Jeffries will have a trade stand at this weeks Clay Shooting Classic. On show will be both his 20 and 12 bore Perazzi HPX RSR and SR1 models. The European Patented Reverse Slope Rib available only from John is causing real excitement in the clay and game shooting world! He has to travel to South Worcestershire Shooting Ground on the Saturday and has asked Dave Simmons and myself to run the stand for him, so if any of you are passing by come in and say hello! Good luck to all of you who are shooting at this event.

Oh well done, I bumped into John at a ground in the north Midlands on Saturday morning, a complete surprise.

I'm going to the Classic on Thursday and my HPX will be getting an outing...quite looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will have sorted itself out by then....

May well bump into you on Thursday as Team HPX are also shooting on this day. Tonight's forecast is good but could easily change by then!

11.30 start, I think JohnJ mentioned you guys are on the same slot?  I'll be there with a couple of friends...

I would love to try one of these...!

I like 'very much' the idea of them..!!

I want one toooooooo.

But more importantly I want to sit down and listen to the theory behind the design. At the minute I do not know it.

I have handled one of these in the car park at NCSC when I saw a chap with one. It felt beautifully balanced between the hands.

But I have not shot one.

That was mine you handled at the NCSC Nicola, thought you liked it!! I'm shooting the classic on Thursday and helping John Jeffries on his HPX stand on Saturday so pop over and say hello if your around

That was mine you handled at the NCSC Nicola, thought you liked it!! I'm shooting the classic on Thursday and helping John Jeffries on his HPX stand on Saturday so pop over and say hello if your around
I wish I could...but I will be off abroad shooting (leaving hubby to look after the fort :wink: )

I want one toooooooo.

But more importantly I want to sit down and listen to the theory behind the design. At the minute I do not know it.

I have handled one of these in the car park at NCSC when I saw a chap with one. It felt beautifully balanced between the hands.

But I have not shot one.
I handled one as well at Southdown, massive eyeful of rib  :)  , about half as much again as my own gun which most find looks like a runway  :lol: . I would love to shoot a few stands with one though.

I had just a few shots with one recently. Only really to see what the Xpad felt like (compared to my full Isis reducer). Handled nicely, but didn't like (or wasn't used to) the rib.

it also had incredibly light trigger pulls, which were perhaps standard Perazzi. (I had mine made higher).

I want one toooooooo.

But I have not shot one.
Mmmmm , ditto

Will call in on Sat if I hav'nt drowned ...

I have read about them and even spoken to a top ot shooter who has shot one and I can honestly say hand on heart ........................................... I do not understand the concept one bit and thats truth.

PS

mr wonko would love one of these I am sure :)

I have read about them and even spoken to a top ot shooter who has shot one and I can honestly say hand on heart ........................................... I do not understand the concept one bit and thats truth.

PS

mr wonko would love one of these I am sure :)
This is my understanding : a lot of shooters end up preferring a high rib set up because this can make head lifting a thing of the past as well as generally making visual perspective easier, to do this you have to raise the comb height which in turn can cause problems of its own if that doesn't suit your fit for instance. What HPX have done is to reverse taper the rib so it's higher at the muzzle end, this will have the effect of making the rib much more visible without the need to have a high comb as such.

The clever bit is their recipe keeps the barrel/rib dynamics intact so you can still have a 40/60 POI, probably less than perfect summation but that's what I gather.

Thanks hammy

not sure I fully understand even now though :)

So who on here came to see us on the HPX stand on Saturday? I thoroughly enjoyed the day seeing so many different people and letting them handle the RSR, be good to hear your thoughts on it.

Not me...was there Thursday...my 1st ever go at a Comp, never even shot a registered round...got 77 and was happy, a fabulous day out and much enjoyed.

Well shot chap,totally agree with you, a brilliant shoot and run so smoothly, should of shot better myself than I did but when you enjoy a shoot that much it isn't all bad

Back